Chapter 1: The Poor

A big thanks to my brother who helped me come up with ideas :D

Enjoy reading the first chapter of "That Prince Is A Jerk"

--------------------

((Edited))

• Lindsey's Pov •

"Let her go!" I screamed at the bakery guy. "But she stole my bread! She is a thief!" he screamed back as he tighten his grip onto the little girl's arm. "You're hurting her!" I cried out, trying to hold back my anger.

How I got myself in this situation? Let me tell you.

***flashback***

I woke up for a morning stroll around town. The yellow sun up in the blue sky, white puffy clouds passing by, and I quote "a beautiful sunny day". This is Vinevilly, a kingdom with a huge palace at the top of it's green hill. I grew up on the streets with no parents, so to make living I had to steal.

The queen of this kingdom is a really evil and cruel person, who I hate very much. She doesn't really care about the people of this kingdom, all she cares about is money and her oldest son being the heir.

That b!tch, I thought.

I swore to myself that one day I'll take over this kingdom and make it a better place where children with no parents had a simple and easy life style. If I were queen I would be a much better one than that b!tch of a queen, but of course I couldn't it were impossible and if It was possible that would be like something out of a fairytale book.

Fairytale I thought, I always wished my life was simple like that. I sighed

Walking down the streets of Vinevilly peacefully with no care for my surroundings, and that's when I heard screams of a young child and a man near the bakery.

The bakery guy was fighting for his bread back from a young girl, which made me really mad "can't he just hand it over to her?" I mumbled, she was wearing torn clothes and by the looks you could tell she was poor and had no parents.

She was all dirty, something that doesn't surprise me because I used to be just like them. Hopeless, lost in a world with no one by your side to trust and take care for you.

"Let her go!" I growled, butting in.

***end of flashback***

And that my friends is how I got myself in this situation.

"She has to pay back or give me back my bread!" He said, his grip getting tighter by the second. "Oh please it's just bread! For gods sake can't you just hand it over?!" I screamed, not caring if people were stopping to stare and than walking away not glancing back or helping out."it's not just bread!!" "But it's my bread" he screamed back selfishly.

This guy seriously has some nerves, not to mention that his screams were causing a commotion at the street, which is not good because that means palace guards and trust me dealing with them is a pain in the ass.

"Let her go now!" I screamed. "I will not!" He screamed back .what was wrong with this guy? Didn't he know that this girl didn't have a family and was poor? His heart was cold as ice just like the rest of the people here standing and watching hopelessly without even trying to help out this poor little girl.

I couldn't hold this anger anymore as I stepped forward and aimed a punch right at the guy's face. He stumbled back, holding onto to his nose. "It's bleeding! My nose! It's bleeding!" He cried out loud. Everyone stared at me, like I was some kind of a beast.

"Who is she?" "She's some kind of monster" I could hear them whisper. It's too irritating hearing them chatter like this.

I did the first thing that came to mind. I grabbed the little girl's hand and made a dash for it. "Stop right there! Everyone that girl is a thief!!!" I heard the bakery guy scream from a distance. There was no turning back now for sure!