s.u

Gorgeous || Shuri Udaku

Requested: Yes @honeyboat

Scenario: The reader is in training to become one of the Dora Milaje. They are testing out some of the new armour designs that Shuri has made. 

A/N: This one is a bit short. I didn't mean for it to be that short but I didn't know how to make it longer.

Warning: Fluff

Word Count: 1605

~~~

I swung at the mannequin, my spear going straight through its chest. I pulled it back again, attacking it from different angles. Why are you trying to murder a mannequin? You might ask. 

Let me tell you. I am currently in training to become one of the elite protectors of the King of Wakanda. I'm training to join the Dora Milaje! So much hard work and effort has been put into getting me here and now that I finally have this opportunity, it was incredible.

"Y/N," I hear Okoye call from the door of the training room "Shuri has requested you in her lab, something about a new suit." I nodded as a response "I'll be there shortly."

I'll be honest, when I heard the name Shuri, my heart rate sped up. There is just something about her that is so alluring. Maybe it's her intelligence, or beauty, or humor. I keep finding myself being drawn towards her. 

But, she is the king's sister, the man who I am sworn to protect. If he found out about this 'little' crush I had, he would kill me or ban me from ever becoming one of the Dora. That's even if she liked me back, which she probably didn't.

 After all, I am still in training and I don't think she's into girls at all. The good thing is the fact that we are very close friends. I understood all of her vine and pop culture references and her silly little jokes that made my heart flutter. It's just a shame we'll never be more than friends.

After my quick episode of conflicting thoughts, I packed away my gear in the armory and headed up to Shuri's lab. As I walked in, I could feel the bass of the song she was listening to through the floor.

 Bright lights illuminated the room, casting a white glow on all of the gadgets that rested upon the numerous tables. Tools and gizmos laid scattered upon work surfaces. My eyes darted around the room, looking for the girl that I was proud to call my friend. 

I spotted her bent over a desk, her face stuck in a new project she was working on. "Princess." I called out. She jumped a little bit, my voice startling her because she was too focused on her work. "Y/N." She called back and ran up to me, embracing me in a tight hug. 

My heart was beating so fast that I thought she could feel it through the hug. "Just please don't embarrass yourself." I mentally noted.

"I wanted to test out some new suit designs for the Dora Milaje uniform." Shuri told me as she led me over to a corner of her lab. Four mannequins stood in front of us, each one harboring a different suit. 

The colors were all fairly similar, but there were differences in the patterns or where the armor plating was. "Suit number one, the old suit." She pointed at the first mannequin "I like this suit." I said to her, reaching out to touch it. 

"It's old." She remarked "Yes, but it works." I quipped back "Just because something works doesn't mean it cannot be improved." I laughed at what she said, she was always telling it to T'Challa.