Chapter 21: The First Attack

I was hearing a hissing voice. I thought it best to follow it, it was going to kill if I didn't. I found Mrs. Norris, Filch's cat that always accompanies me during my transformations, just staring, not even moving. 

"My cat!" Filch shouted. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"You did it, didn't you?" Filch asked.

"Why would I ever do that? She's my best friend," I pointed out. "She's not dead, just petrified. I can help her, but it'll weaken me."

"Anything to get my precious kitten back!" Filch said. I held out my hands above her, as I had when I was only three to my brother. I focused on love and my care for Mrs. Norris. I felt myself fall to the ground as I opened my eyes. Mrs. Norris hopped onto my chest. 

"What on earth just happened?" I heard Minnie's voice asked. 

"She saved my cat!" Filch said. 

"What... Are you to ARGUeing?" I asked. 

"No... Alright that wasn't very funny," Filch said. I realized that I couldn't move.

"And why is my niece on the floor?" Minnie asked.

"The bigger question is why I can't move," I said. "I just used healing magic and..." I stopped. "You get the picture." 

"I see," Minnie said as I closed my eyes again. I felt someone pick me up. It wasn't a human. I opened my eyes to see Blueberry (Sans' son) had picked me up. I blushed. 

"Blueberry! Put me down!" I said. 

"No, I'm bringing you to the hospital wing," Blueberry said. 

"BLUEBERRY I SWEAR!" I shouted. 

"Uh, professor... I might need a bit of help. The patient seems upset and I don't want to be blasted into a door. The question wouldn't be why I was trapped in the door, but it would take a few hard knocks for the story to ring a bell," Blueberry said. 

"BLUEBERRY!" I shouted. 

"Hey, chill sis," I heard Asriel say. I finally shut up.

"I think I've got it from here, Mr. Bones," Minnie said. I felt myself being handed over to a human. My limbs weren't stiff, but I was just too weak to move them. I finally allowed myself to lose consciousness. 

I was in a room that looked like my bedroom, but everything was glowing. 

"So, you've learned your power, you've found your brother, and you've saved a cat," I heard a voice say. I turned around and saw a woman with tan skin, black hair, and angel wings. 

"W-Who are you?" I asked. 

"I am Lady Irene," the woman said. 

"Why am I here? Did I die?" I asked.

"In a way. You were weakened to the point to come here, to have a choice. Do you wish to return or stay here?" Irene asked. "There are horrible things coming to Hogwarts." 

"I need to go back," I said. 

"This is your choice," Irene said. 

I woke up in a familiar bed. I looked around. 

"Minnie..." I said. 

"I'm right here," I heard her say. I coughed. "You were weakened by your own magic. You're lucky you survived."

"You can say that again," I said. 

"I refuse to repeat myself," Minnie said. 

"I didn't... Nevermind," I said. "I'm tired anyway. I'll see you in the morning." 

"It is morning. Are you sure that you are alright?" Minnie asked. "Madame Pomfry has informed me that you had a fever due to the weakening." 

"The last time I used this magic, I was 3 years old. I fainted from it, and all I healed was a small cut," I explained. "My brother and I had a tea party after that because he felt bad... I had been using my magic before that to heal some flowers that were hurt... I guess Azzy made me soft about flowers." 

"What on earth are you talking about?" Minnie asked. 

"Nothing... I'm probably just tired," I said as I closed my eyes and leaned into Minnie, allowing myself to drift off to sleep.