•03•

"I can't believe we're actually following through with Edward's crazy idea," I said as I tossed my shirts into the large suitcase, "What would make him think leaving Bella is even remotely smart?"

"Why do you even care so much?" Rosalie asked me. I turned to see her with a scowl on her face and her arms crossed against her chest. I knew that look. It was the look of jealousy. I had seen it many times in our 45 years together.

Rosalie hated it when I gave my attention to other girls that weren't her, not that I did ever usually did. I couldn't stand to be around humans, but the first few years of our relationship she was even jealous of Alice and Serena.

I also did make a bond with one of the Denali sisters, Kate, and because of that Rosalie hated her. I wasn't allowed in a room alone with Kate. I didn't mind it though. I found Rosalie's jealousy to be absolutely adorable and sexy, no matter how misplaced it was. We would more often than not have sex after every argument that began because her jealousy.

"She's my sister, Rosalie," I said and Rosalie scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Alice is our sister. And Serena. Not her," Rosalie hissed, "She's safe without us around. She's human. She doesn't belong with us."

"She does if she's Edward's mate, Rose. She belongs with our family just like I did," I said and Rosalie growled lowly, but her eyes softened, "She doesn't deserve this. For us to just leave. And Edward, he doesn't understand. This will destroy him, Rosalie. The mate bond will tear him apart until there is nothing left of our brother. Then, it will probably do the same to Bella. She may be human, yes, but she feels for Edward just as strongly as he feels for her. Her love rivals that of a vampires."

Rosalie didn't say anything now. I took a step towards my mate, wrapping my arms around her waist, "I know you don't like her because she'd rather choose our lifestyle. But she is not a normal human. If you'd have taken the chance to get to know her, you would have noticed."

"She doesn't belong with us. She deserves so much more. She deserves a chance to live," Rosalie mumbled and I sighed, knowing there was no choice trying to reason with my mate. She was adamant on her feelings towards Bella turning. She didn't want this life, not for herself and not for me and so she definitely didn't want it for Bella.

I decided I had enough with the fighting, and instead I kissed the top of my mate's head and held her close.

"How about we skip out on joining the family in Denali and travel?" I looked down at my mate silently. She looked up at me, her arms wrapped around my torso.

"Where to?" I could tell I now got her excited. She had a small smile on her face.

"Anywhere you want," I responded and Rosalie's smile widened just a bit more.

"Paris?" She questioned, looking at me.

"If that's where you want to go, Princess," I responded and Rosalie smiled that rare smile of hers that was only reserved for me.

"Are you serious?" She asked and I chuckled lowly, nodding my head. I knew I had gotten to her as she immediately jumped out of my arms, "I have to buy and pack the right attire! Alice!" then she was out of my room in a flash.

I chuckled as I ran a hand through my hair, shaking my head silently. I was glad I had finally gotten my mate to relax. Maybe Paris wouldn't be too bad. Just me and the love of my life in the city of love. I would be glad to be away from Edward and the family for a while. I was still upset with the fact that everyone was so quick to leave Bella behind.

I frowned as I looked around my room. I didn't know what I was doing until I was out of the room and out of the house. I didn't stop to speak with my family or anything as I ran to Bella's house. As I neared Bella's house, I could hear sirens and see the flashing of blue and red lights.

My eyes widened as I ran closer to the house. Once I was close enough to the house, I stopped running and walked out of the tree lines. The street outside of Bella's house was lined with police cars. I saw Chief Swan was standing near the door looking stressed. Billy Black was there, a man in a wheel chair I recognized from La Push. He had been an elder in their tribe. He was comforting Chief Swan, trying to get him to relax.

I neared the two, ignoring the rushing scent of human blood as I approached them. I was met with a glare that could kill from Billy, but I ignored him as I walked towards Chief Swan.

"Chief Swan?" I called calmly. Chief Swan looked up and his eyes widened when he saw me.

"Uh, Asher, right? Hey. I thought I told you to call me Charlie," Charlie said as he looked at me. I nodded my head silently.

"Sorry, Charlie. Uh, is everything alright? I just came to say goodbye to Bella before my family left," I said and Charlie's eyes narrowed as he shook his head silently.

"Bella is missing. She hasn't come home since she left earlier today," Charlie said and I found myself clenching my jaw. Bella was missing? But Edward told us earlier he was going to say goodbye to her then take her home. Unless she left after Edward took her home.

"Chief Swan!"

Charlie looked past me and his eyes widened, his jaw gaped, "Bella!" Charlie was off and running past me. I quickly spun around to see Bella in the arms of a large tanned man. He looked to be from the Reservation as well. She was unconscious from what I could tell. My protective nature kicked in. My little sister was hurt. I immediately raced towards the scene, trying to keep up with my human appearance.

My jaw clenched as I was hit with the foul stench of wet dog. This was a strong scent as well. Fucking wolf. I knew I was right as soon as the La Push native looked up and glared at me, his nose scrunched.

"I found her passed out in the woods, Charlie. But she's okay. She just needs food and rest," the mutt said as he held Bella in his arms.

"Thank you, Sam. I really appreciate your help. Could you take her inside for me while I call off the search?" Charlie asked the wolf.

"Sure, Charlie," Sam glared at me still and I held eye contact with him, my jaw clenched.

"You still want to say goodbye, Asher? You can go in as well if you want," Charlie said as he looked at me and I shook my head silently.

"No, Charlie, I'm fine. Just tell Bella I was here please," I said as I looked at Charlie, "I'm not sure when's the next time I'll be able to talk to her."

"Sure thing, Ash. Thank you for stopping by."

I just nodded as I turned to leave. Before I got far, I stopped to glare at Sam once more then I walked into the woods. Once I was far enough away from Charlie's house, I took off through the trees and raced home. Great, Bella was currently in the arms of a wolf. If this didn't spell trouble I don't know what did.