6

Another week passes, and even though Jisoo is clearly having trouble agreeing, she relents and lets her go back to her training routine. "But no heavy lifting," she says, pointing a finger at Jennie's startled face. "You have a head trauma."

"I just have a small cut, Jisoo," Jennie corrects her. It's already mostly healed. She's got a funny fuzzy patch of hair around the wound. She touched it once, and it felt weird. "My training also doesn't have much weightlifting. It's easy to exclude."

Jisoo nods, satisfied. "Good. I will also supervise you. Just in case." As soon as she says it, Jennie immediately knows it's a bad idea. Well, not 'bad' per se, really. Not 'bad' as in 'bad for their relationship.' Certainly bad for her training, though.

(Is this a relationship?)

Jennie's suspicions are proven to be right this same evening, and she briefly laments her wasted workout before kissing a breathless Jisoo again. On the other hand, Jisoo is certainly a form of workout. And more enjoyable than pretty much everything in her basement-turned-home gym where they currently are, with Jisoo pressing her into the mat and squirming at gentle kisses Jennie's raining down her neck. Looks like the ban on sex has finally been lifted, and Jennie is certainly not complaining.

She wonders if Jisoo's aware just how much Jennie misses this. Needs this. Needs her.

"God, Jennie..."

"Just Jennie."

"How original."

"It's hard to be original with you on top of me." If it were any other day, Jisoo would have scoffed. Maybe ground down on Jennie harder to make her squirm. But, as Jisoo likes to remind her, she's got a head injury and Jisoo would make an absolutely insufferable doctor one day. If she decides in favor of med school, that is. They haven't decided yet.

(They?)

So, as soon as Jennie's words leave her mouth, Jisoo immediately rolls off, her expression one of concern. "Was I smothering you?" it's evident that Jisoo only heard 'hard' and 'you on top of me' and jumped to less gross conclusions than she usually would have.

Jennie groans, plopping onto the mat. Jisoo is sweet and lovable, but this is becoming too much. Okay, that's a lie. She likes it. The constant doting that Jisoo has been doing. But right now that's not what she has in mind. "Jisoo," she starts, propping herself up on her elbows. "How did you even come to this conclusion?" And, really. She can bench press her own weight, and Jisoo has to be at least ten percent lighter than her. Maybe even more. She should let her know about that. And about being able to bench press her own weight. "I lift you all the time."

Jisoo smiles briefly before sobering up. "But you're not injured all the time." And there it is. Something that Jennie expected to happen as soon as her health wasn't in immediate danger. Brown eyes flash with barely concealed guilt, and she sighs, grasping Jisoo's hand with her own. It's so soft compared to hers. She brushes her thumb over Jisoo's knuckles, and the girl lets out a sigh.

"Jisoo." She smiles her 'barely-there' smile, and brown eyes soften. "I'm fine. It's been a little over two weeks."

Jennie thinks she's succeeded, just for a moment. But Jisoo is nothing if not stubborn. Her gaze falls, and she stands, brushing herself off. "Still. I shouldn't have jumped you like that."

This conversation is long overdue, and Jennie mentally kicks herself for not starting it sooner. "Jisoo." She follows her step sister, rising to her feet as well. She's sweaty and feels a little gross, but this is important. "I'm fine." She takes her hand again, and Jisoo doesn't try to shake her off. She watches as Jisoo's fingers run over the boxing wraps she's still wearing. She smirks a little as she remembers Jisoo's breathless 'leave them on' before kissing her.