Chapter 1: Sea Rage

So yeah, the prologue is actually important to read, so you may want to go back and read it if you haven't already.

Let me know if there are any key characters you want to see more of or want to me to include. I want you to help me make this story exciting! Thanks!! Oh, and I want to stay as close to the tv show as I can!

Remember if you like what you read click the star to vote!

And enjoy!

___________________

Water, Earth, Fire, Wind,

Long ago the four nations lived in harmony,

Then everything changed when the fire nation attacked,

Only the avatar, the master of all four elements could stop them, but when the world needed him most,

He vanished, a hundred years passed and my brother Sokka and I discovered the new avatar, an Air Bender named Aang, although his air-bending skills were great, he had a lot to learn before he was ready to save anyone, but I believed (from the first day I met him) that he could save the world.

And you know what? HE DID...

_______________________________________________________________________________

-Mira-

We are needed in Republic City. Uncle Tenzin has the Avatar and we are fighting a man named Amon. He has the ability to water bend peoples bending away. It is horrible. He even took away the Avatars bending except for air. No one knows how he does it, and the city is no encapsulated by fear. Amon now has an army of non-benders, and weapons invented by the famous, General Sato. They have taken down General Iroh's fleet. Now we can only hope for the best.

Men run up on the deck, father stands on his podium; he speaks to his men and tries to boost their morale. My father's fleet of earth and water benders are some of the best in the world. They are still high in spirits, this is good. We have just a few more minutes until they find us. It's been a while. We have been hiding for most of the battle. I don't think we will have too many losses, seeing General Iroh and his fleet. We have been waiting in the inlet east of Yue Bay. We are to come at the signal of the General.

My father General Bumi is not a bender. He says I am one though. I am his prodigy and he wanted to have me trained by Aunt Toph. I struggle to even lift a pebble. They think I am weak because I can't really bend. Neutral Jing, she said, the Lin Beifong, daughter of Toph. As earthbenders, we are supposed to have balance; to listen and know when to strike. I learned the skill of Chi-blocking instead, and the ways of the sword. As the daughter of the General, it would be an embarrassment to not know a thing about battle. 

I don't think we are related to his Aunt Toph. Bumi's father was the great and mighty Avatar Aang. Isn't that awesome!? Well Avatar Aang told him stories of his travels and Grandmother Katara too. She makes it sound like they were close as family but not quite. Is she right? I don't usually doubt her. I love Grandma Katara but sometimes she gets that knowing smirk. As highly as everyone speaks of them, I would appreciate even a drop of their bending abilities. 

The ship lurches forward, I can see in the horizon, General Iroh's ships, the view was shocking, and the best fleet was gone in flames, engulfed by the fire of the enemies. The seas were littered with men, struggling to stay afloat.

"Murosha, look." he hands me his telescope. "That is the doing of the great Amon, and now we must stop him. Look there in the sky. Uggi with the air benders and behind them, the airships of Amon."

Then he turns and steps down to get to my level, and says, "Honey, you know you mean the world to me, whatever happens today to me or my crew, I want you to know I love you. If anything happens, go and try to find Avatar Korra, the Chief of Police, or Tenzin. Ok?"

"I'm twenty-two, I can take care of myself. Stop worrying, ok? I am a fighter, like when you found me. Seriously, don't worry! Now LET'S DO THIS THING!" I smile, "Oh, and Dad, I love you too." I get into position. I am known as one of the best melee fighters. I must be able to defend myself, especially being the granddaughter of an Avatar. Remember? It comes with the family name. 

"Water Benders! Fire above- keep them away from the engines! Keep position! Murosha stay with me!" Planes finally catches sight of the reinforcements, and comes towards us. Dropping missiles made of metal, there are too many of them, I can't do anything. Our fleet rounds the corner entering the Bay. Smoke pours out from building in the skyline.

A missile comes forth with such power. I didn't know what was happening. They stop the ones coming towards our ship. Waves thrash around violently, I wish I could water bend. Planes were now dropping fireballs and I realize those inside were not benders. A young Earth-Bender kicks the ground, rock form into spheres, he flicks his wrist and thrusts causing the rocks to speed toward the aircraft.

I have an idea! I told a bender to launch me into the air. Yes, the timing was right! I was right above an airship as it passes under me. Gravity takes over; I fall atop the plane and hit the driver. He turned; he holds this glove with a circle full of electricity. Surprised, I turn and throw him out. As I sat in the cockpit I notice that there are buttons lining the sides. I don't have any idea of what to do so I just push some buttons.

Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it worked. I ended up letting one of their missile thingers into, onto, their ship. It blew up. Pretty awesome! Right? I heard a big explosion, it's my plane. Hopefully I can steer this down to the water before I burn with it. I yell, hoping one of ad's benders see me. 

Well one of the two options worked; I am not dead. I see the water a few hundred feet below me  and I plummeted toward the water, the plane not gliding smoothly as I had hoped it would. A few fireballs come at me, and I start falling. As I fell I hear a shout. A wave comes up and engulfs itself around me. I float in the water next to my fathers' ship, the planes stop coming, and people watch a man. I couldn't see.

Father, screams a yell of triumph. Ummm, he is kind of crazy, my father. Now in his mid-fifties, he is the eldest child of the children. He is the only non-bender in the family. By the time I arrive on deck, people are gathered. I hear 'He was thrown from an arena like building.' and 'it was the Avatar and her boyfriend?' As we look and watch, the man's mask floats to the surface and then a hurricane erupts before us. The man swims away. Amon.

"Father? Did we win? Where are we going? What happened to Uncle Tenzin? Do you think they're alright?" I look up. He wasn't there. I search the deck; he wasn't there also, so I went to his office below deck. Worry had fallen on me; I sit in his big royal-like chair, made of earth. In front of me I notice that on the wall is a map of the earth. I see the Fire Nation, the Earth Kingdom, and the North and South Water Tribe Lands. I see the areas where the Air Temples sat. Earthen pegs sit on the map. I can't tell what they symbolize, so I got up to get a better view. Only ten steps away, the map was made of earth also, I look closer. The border holds the insignia of the four nations in order, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. Then I realize the pegs were where the major cities were, along with capitals and villages.

He had a battle plan etched into the map, it looks like it could be changed easily. Soft dry earth detached itself from the wall and fell. Someone had been here, they had changed the plans. But who?