Rise Up

Hidden in the recesses of the dark side of the moon, Megatron's body was in a state of self-repair. He had been like this for stellar cycles, in a form of stasis similar to a coma. However, his repairs were almost complete, and his processor was slowly pulling him back into the land of moving parts. He growled in frustration, remembering the defeat he suffered at the hands of the Autobots in their last encounter. The stiffness of his joints, and his solitude on a moon only added to his humiliation.

Finally, feeling returned to his limbs again, he climbed to his feet and scanned the horizon. After looking around, he caught sight of the vague silhouette of his ship. His optic sensors narrowed and he jumped into the air, transforming into vehicle mode before darting towards the ship. As he flew towards the ship, he took note of several scattered bodies dotting the ground leading towards the Nemesis.

Many were faceless vehicons, but he could see one or two of his Decepticons on the ground, their sparks having been extinguished. The number only seemed to increase as he made his way inside. He looked around and saw more bodies strewn across the floor and several stasis tubes cracked open. Thankfully, most of them were still intact and functional.

He approached the first one, deactivating it and lifting the lid. As the stasis gas billowed out, Soundwave slowly emerged, his screen showing nothing but snow at first as he began to reboot his hard drive. After regaining his senses, he gasped at the sight of his great leader.

"Lord Megatron." he let out, immediately bowing. "You are online."

"Indeed." Megatron confirmed. "So few of us are. Quickly! We must awaken the other Decepticons!"

"As you command." Soundwave acknowledged.

The two began opening every stasis pod they could, pulling the Decepticons from their slumber. Among the survivors were Blitzwing, Lugnut, Black Arachnia, Starscream, Knockout, and Breakdown.

"Ah, it's good to be back in the land of moving parts." Knockout commented, stretching his limbs.

"Tell me about it." Breakdown replied. "Any idea how long we were out?"

"Not a clue." Knockout replied.

"Well, you're about as useless as ever." Black Arachnia grumbled, giving her spider legs a stretch.

"You wanna run that by us again?" Breakdown threatened.

"You heard me you overgrown engine blocks." he snarled, pointing a claw at them.

Suddenly, a long line of ice shot out, freezing Black Arachnia's forearm. She looked at her frozen servo before turning to the culprit.

"As usual Black Arachnia, your temperament is as unpleasant as that Insecticon mode of yours." Blitzwing informed her with his purple face.

"Blow it out your actuator three-face." she snapped, shattering the ice on her arm with a flick of her wrist.

Blitzwing's face shifted to his angry red one as he approached her furiously.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Insect?!" he howled. "The name in Blitzwing! Remember it, cause it's the last thing you'll hear before I-!"

His face then shifted again, becoming the pixelated one.

"-Express my feelings in song!" he announced before breaking out into an off-key version of 'the Itsy Bitsy Spider'.

Black Arachnia went to tackle the singing Decepticon, but was intercepted by Lugnut, who grabbed her by the back and hoisted her into the air.