Human Resources

A couple of weeks had passed since the Autobots emerged from stasis. Since then, they'd been working overtime to get everything in order. They'd manage to excavate the Ark from the side of the mountain, transporting it inside for repairs. On top of that, Ratchet had been working on updating the tech in the missile silo, as well as adding a few features to make traveling incognito easier. At the moment, he was putting the finishing touches on his latest project.

"That... should... do it." he declared, closing up a panel on a large control console.

He got up slowly, his joints creaking slightly. He let out a slight groan.

"I'm getting too old for this." he muttered, slowly bending and extending his legs to work out the kinks.

As he did, Massacre walked over, glancing at the completed contraption. Upon seeing the shut panel and the stretching bot, her faceplate broke out into a grin.

"Is it finally finished?" She asked.

"It should be." Ratchet answered, stopping his stretching before gathering his tools into their box. "I didn't think it was possible to construct a working Ground Bridge using primarily earth technology, but I think I finally got it. I just need to test it."

"Well, I volunteer my services." she offered. "I'll be able to blend in easier than the others, especially with the upgraded nanoskin."

"It would be a good test of the new skin." Ratchet admitted. "Give me a few minutes to set coordinates."

"Might I suggest somewhere nearby." Optimus spoke up, approaching the pair. "Your last test left Bulkhead stranded in Haiti for a week."

"Yeah, I enjoy the sun as much as the next bot, but I'm still cleaning sand out of my gears." Bulkhead piped up, cocking his head to side to dislodge some of the aforementioned sand.

"Yes, yes, of course." Ratchet grumbled. "Science is both trial and error you know."

"Still, why don't we just stick with the edge of the city?" Massacre suggested. "That way I can walk back in human mode no problem."

"Of course." Ratchet replied.

As Ratchet pressed a few buttons on his console, Massacre transformed into her human mode, which now had her wearing a white tee-shirt with a blue vest over it, a dark blue skirt, with black and white sneakers. She even had a pair of glasses over her eyes. She looked herself over, giving a twirl.

"How do I look?" she asked.

"Quite well," Ratchet commended. "For an organic."

She let out a mock gasp of indignation, lightly punching Ratchet's ankle. He chuckled slightly, then he set the coordinates. He then pulled on a pair of levers, activating a trail of rings that lit up one by one before a large green portal appeared.

"Alright, let's see if this works." Massacre let out.

She then ran through the portal, jumping through it.

...

The portal crackled to life, opening up as Massacre came running out. She dropped down to the ground, giving a three-point landing as the portal closed behind her. As she straightened up and looked around, she found herself in the middle of a large highway. From the dense woods on either side of the road, it was clear she was far from civilization. Next to her was a sign that read "Detroit - 2 miles." She straightened up, glancing at the sign before smiling.

"Massacre to Base." she declared. "I made it. Ground Bridge is a success."

"Excellent." Ratchet replied. "Opening return bridge, now."