Chapter 9 - Emotions and Feelings?

As I wake up I notice that I'm still cuddled up to Blue with my tail wrapped round his. I notice him looking at the scratches he had given me before when we had our small argument. Funny, when I think of it Now it seems so long ago but it was only around two days ago, Crazy right? His eyes are full of regret as he gazes at the scratches, I smile at him before gently rubbing my head against his neck in a loving way to his surprise, I'm not one for showing emotion but that seems yo be all I'm doing lately. He looks at me with surprise and affection, making me flush and look away. I look at the sky and notice night has fallen, I turn to Blue and say,"Perfect. I guess it is time to move out?" He glances at the sky and nods  with a soft smile. Charlie and Echo seem to be still asleep so I try to quietly untangle myself from Blue but I accidently stumble into him and our snouts brush together making both our eyes widen and making me blush. I quickly Stand up and stammer out,"Oh my god. I'm do do sorry I-" he quickly cuts me off by doing it again and making me flush a darker red. I stand there shocked as he chuckles and gives me a playful wink. I sink into thought, 'Did that actually just happen? I must be still asleep, it so this is a wonderful dream.' I am snapped out of my thoughts as Blue says," C'mon Dawn we are heading off." I jog over to them and we quickly take off into the trees. Blue suddenly  says, while running," Ok, We are heading to the Visitor Centre, Echo I want you to go into the labs, Charlie I want you on the upper floor and Dawn Downstairs. I will be Outside waiting with Echo." He nods toward Echo and Charlie,"Go, and be careful we already lost someone." They give a nod to him and smile gently to me before they whirl round and sprint in the direction of the Visitor Centre. Blue turns to me after they are gone and gives me one last loving look before resting his head against mine. No words need to be spoken to say how we both feel, suddenly a loud crash echoes back to us, breaking up our peaceful moment. Realising our plan has gone into action, I spin round and just as I'm about to take of in the direction of the crash to play out my part of the plan... I hear Blue."Dawn? Please be safe I can't lose you. Please don't leave me...." his voice gets softer and trail of toward the end as his eyes widen in realisation. He looks back at me and whispers, " I- I love you." I look at him in shock but it soon changes to affection, I nudge him gently with my head and just before I sprint off, I whisper out to him, "I love you too." Then I take off in the direction of the Visitor Centre but I soon hear his footsteps behind me ,but in a slightly altered route, making me smile softly.