Archangel's Prologue

Destiny's P.O.V

Mother was pacing around my little brother again. Archangel was an interesting dragon, he had white legs, spinal spikes, and wing membranes. He had the mindreading silver scales by his eyes, because he was one. Also a very good seer. The best in centuries. His eyes were ruby red, and his claws were obsidian black, and curved wickedly like an IceWing's. That's because he was half IceWing.

I had never met Everest the IceWing, but apparently I was supposed to hate him just like my mother did. But I've never really listened to Andromeda. My twin brother, Volcano, and I are just  mistakes in her point of view. 

But poor Archangel, apparently it was his own fault Mother had fallen in love with Prince Everest. She blamed him for something she did herself. But there was one secret he kept from everyone else but me: he had also gained a third power. He was an animus. 

"Why were you trying to be nice to that IceWing girl today?" she hissed. "She's a princess! You really thought you and Princess Permafrost could be friends? How would her father react?" then she stopped in her tracks. "Her father..."

She whirled to face me. "DESTINY! Who's Permafrost's parents?"

"King Everest and Queen Aurora." I said, flinching.

"And she's the only current heir?"

"Yes."

"Yes..." Andromeda looked up, a crooked smile spread across her face. I sensed one of her plans bubbling up.

"He could get closer and closer to her, then when they turn to trust each other and Everest isn't looking..." she drew her talon across her throat. "It's the perfect plan!"

"But..." Archangel started.

"HUSH!" Andromeda said sharply. Then her face softened. "Hush, my little one. You must be exhausted." she said in a mock baby tone. "Sleep, my little Archangel, let your dreams take wing. One day when you're big and strong, you will be a king!"

"Good night," Archangel said a little nervously.

"Good night, my little prince." Andromeda sang, looking over her shoulder. "Tomorrow your training begins."