seven

Rain woke up with her face inches away from Lisa's. Rain smiled and gave her a quick peck on the nose.

Lisa smirked at her actions.

"Morning baby girl" Lisa mumbled causing Rain to roll her eyes. Rain rolled over and hopped out of bed.

"I'm going to go for a shower... will you be alright alone?" Rain spoke gently.

"I don't think so, maybe I have to come with you." Rain's mouth fell open in shock.

The older began to chuckled seeing the flustered girl in front of her.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Lisa said reassuring her.

Rain nodded and left the room to shower.

As the water began to run Lisa's thoughts ran wild, she really wanted to be with Rain, but not when she's not ready.

"Head out of the gutter Lisa, head out of the gutter" Lisa chanted slapping her face.

Lisa continued to stare at the ground, with her hands resting in her head.

A little while later Rain stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped tightly around her chest.

"I uh, I need to-" Lisa cut her off and immediately stood up.

"I get it, I'll leave" she smiled gently at the younger.

A few moments later Rain stepped out of her bedroom now clothed.

She wore high waisted blue washed jeans paired with a green and white stripped crop top.

"So..." Lisa threw her hands down to her side.

"Oh right um, you can take a shower if you would like." Rain offered.

"I'll be fine." Lisa smiled.

The air began to grow awkward as the two girls stood in front of each other.

"How are you holding up?" Lisa spoke, gently smiling at the younger.

"Pardon?" She replied.

"You know, the break up." Lisa fiddled with her jumper sleeves. "You don't have to tell me but I just wanted to make sure you were alright. That is why I came here.." she finished.

"I think I'm okay. I mean, you've distracted me a lot." Rain replied with a saddened smile.

"I'm so sorry Rain. I want everything to be perfect you, you deserve to be happy." Lisa grabbed her and shoved Rains tiny body into her, holding her tightly.

"I'm fine. I just- I think I've moved on." She spoke pushing Lisa off of her so she could look at her face.

"Oh?" Lisa cocked her head.

Rain began to copy her actions in a strange voice mimicking her.

"Oh?!" She giggled.

Lisa smiled while rolling her eyes.
Rain began to dance around the room. "Oh!" She said once again laughing.

"That's it!" Lisa said chasing the shorter girl around the house.

When Lisa finally caught the energetic little squish, she held her to her chest.

"I caught you now I get a rewarded" she whispered."Alright." Rain nodded.

"You come and live with me for a while."

"W-what" Rain squeaked as she stepped away from Lisa.

"I promise you'll be taken care of. I don't know how you will be alone." Lisa said gently squeezing Rains hand tight.

"I'll be fine Lisa. Plus, I can always text you if I need you to come over." Rain smiles reassuring the older woman.

"It took two hours to get here Rain. I can't just come on command. I'm sorry but if you don't come with me we can't see each other for any more." Lisa spoke looking at the ground."

"I'm way too busy Rain. I want you in my life but my career limits the options we have.." she said continuing.

Rain stayed silent thinking over the pros and cons. "I don't want to lose you." She mumbled. "Neither do I." Lisa replied.

"But we don't have to. If you come with me it'll all be okay. We can share my room and you can get along with my members and it'll all be fine!" Lisa said grabbing Rains shoulders.

"No." Rain whispered,

"Huh?" Lisa's face instantly changed from the brightest baby smile to confusion, frustration and sadness.

"My whole life is here Lisa. My family and my friends, my job and my house. I'm not just going to ditch that for a girl I just met" Rain explained.

"Oh." Lisa's head dropped to the ground.

"I think you should go" Rain said leading Lisa towards the door.

As Lisa exited the house Rain fell to her knees. She would have said yes, but if she were to date Lisa is would ruin her career. She wanted her to be happy.

Even if it meant she couldn't be.

-

end

end