Chapter 23

Chapter 23
"This mess is almost over."
-

"When are you going to let me go?"

I flick Coleman's cheek, "when I want to."

He glares at me childishly and struggles in the ropes I tied him with.

I shake my head, "don't do that. Be a good boy for now, will you?"

I turn to leave the room, but Coleman says something that strikes a cord inside me.

"Your going to die."

I smirk and say over my shoulder, "I think Fare Fever will get to me before you boys do."

I slam the door and lock Coleman inside the door. We made it back to the hideout without being followed. Axel took the car and dumped it somewhere where the cops won't follow us.

"Everything okay?" I turn to J, who stands beside me.

"Who is with Shawn back home?"

J sighs, "Ace."

My eyes widen, "now that I think about it. That's not very smart, the guy doesn't have a responsible bone in his body."

"So what?" J shrugs, "you want me to go back."

I nod, "I would feel better if you were safely back home with Ace and Shawn. Not caught up in this mess we're trying to fix."

J throws an arm around me, "this mess is almost over. Are you sure you want me to head home?"

I take a deep breath, "Yes, I'm sure. Like you said, this mess is almost over. I'll be home soon."

J nods, "them in that case I need to get packing." He kisses the top of my head and walks to his room.

I push down my ruffled hair and head to the living room.

"Alright boys, what's next?"

Axel looks up from his phone. "My best guess is that we get Coleman back to Underground's."

I shake my head, "are we really just going to hand him over? It makes it harder, the ghost having their actual leader again instead of his son. I mean, if they even let us get out alive after handing Coleman over."

Axel seems to ponder my suggests, "your right."

"I got a plan," I look up in shock.

Vince stands in the doorway with a large duffel bag over his shoulder.

Phoenix pulls a gun faster than the eye can see and aims for Vince's skull.

I raise a hand, "don't shoot just get."

"Why, not? He is our enemy Valentine! He escaped!"

"I had too, since you guys wouldn't let me go."

I sigh, "Phoenix has a point. Why should I trust a man who is my step brother yet nearly killed me? I shouldn't trust such a man. Yet here I am," I gesture around me.

I motion for Phoenix to lower the gun, but he ignores me.

I nod towards the bag, "drop it."

Vince obeys sliding it over with his foot. I look to Axel as he unzips the back.

"What the crap-"

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" I don't have time to react to Shepherd's call as light explodes and my ears burst into a loud ringing.

A force slings me into the wall and my body falls numbly to the floor. My ears ring and my vision is covered in large black dots.

All my senses are disoriented as I try to move my limbs. The front door, or what's left of it busts open. Men crowd through the room and I try to move from sight.