Mrs.Alsina

4 Months Later

"It's been 4 months since the accident Rayna. You have to get over it sometime" My therapist said writing nonsense down in her notebook.

"That traumatized me! I can't just forget about it"

"The funeral or the shooting?"

"Both"

Flashback To Shooting

August didn't open his eyes. His hands dropped to the side and his skin paled. I felt my heart shatter at the sight of my seemingly dead boyfriend.

I hadn't even noticed the bullet in my stomach. All sound was blind to me as I looked around at the scene. Javaris was trying to wake up August, Mia was screaming and crying hysterically in the corner, Javaris's friends were gone.

Tears overflowed from my eyes as blood slowly ran down my belly to my leg. Multiple ambulances drove up separating us all. Before they shut the doors of the ambulance I seen that Mia was shot twice in her back.

I went blank when they started driving.

"These things happen all the time. It's just a tragedy that it had to be you" I sipped on my passion fruit lemonade tea while staring at my therapist.

"I guess"

Flashback To Hospital

"You should be happy the bullet missed both babies Ms.Johnson" I nodded my head still only thinking about one thing.

"August" A sad look washed over my doctors face along with all 5 of her interns.

"Rayna stop forcing yourself to think about that!! It won't help you one bit. Keeping your almost born babies healthy should be your top priority right now!" My therapist yanked me from my thoughts with her annoying voice. I ignored her.

Flashback To Funeral

People stared at me, Janice, and her boyfriend as we laid flowers on the expensive redwood casket. I feel like this is my fault. Should I say something?

This funeral is the complete opposite of Kye's funeral. No one has smiled once. No one. 90% of the people that came are crying. I wasn't. I couldn't. I haven't cried since the shooting.

Wouldn't let myself.

"Rayna"

"Is my session over?" I stood from the couch grabbing my purse.

"Rayna!"

"Thanks for your time" I left her office and went outside to Javaris's car. I got in drinking my tea avoiding making eye contact with him.

"How was it?" He asked. Javaris has grown to be my best friend since he's really the only one that understands how I feel. Kurrency moved to Florida, my dad is gone, my sisters are nervous to talk to me, and Janice has been MIA since the funeral.

"Same. She's still annoying me and asking the same damn questions. What are we doing today?"

"Uh we can just chill and watch movies until it's time for that dinner with the chief of police. He thinks he found the gang associated with the drive by."

"What kind of dinner is this?"

"It's formal"

"I really don't feel like dressing up but as long as I find out who did it I'll be satisfied. It's still fucked up that it took so long. It might not even be right" We were silent the rest of the car ride.

Javaris drove to the house and we sat on the couch watching The Grudge. It's not that scary but I need something to take my mind off the past.

6 Hours Later