I Thought It Was Better

I woke up laying in Jeremiah's bed. He was next to me this time. I got up quietly so he didn't wake up and went to the bathroom.

I took care of my business then looked at my clothes. I was wearing his sweatpants and my tank top. I can tell he's a good man but I still love August. I'm not just done with him. I will be done if he doesn't make himself better.
I opened the vent seeing the glint of my ring at the bottom. I reached down almost falling in but I got it and put it back on.

I miss him. I heard Anthony crying from another room so I went and got him. He looked sick. He was so hungry and needed his diaper changed. I found a diaper in the closet and changed him. Then I fed him which took awhile.
His skin started to pink back up when he finished eating. He was cold too. Anthony will die if we don't get out of here. I was really just too mad yesterday. I need to call him.

I got my phone and locked myself in the bathroom with Anthony wrapped in my hoodie. I called August and his phone was off so I left a voicemail.

"Aug I'm still mad but I miss yo goofy ass. I don't even know where I am right now. Anthony is sick and he won't make it here if we don't get out soon. I will forever be your ride or die but if you ever lie to me like this again we're separating until your mind is straight. I need to see Kea and two days are too damn long without you. When you get this please please please call me back"

I hung up and dialed 911. I was interrupted by the door opening. Jeremiah snatched my phone and laughed when he seen the number.

"The lock is broken baby" He grabbed my arm roughly and slammed me into the wall. He took my tank top off then put me on his bed. He handcuffed my hands around the metal headboard and pulled the sweatpants off of me.

"Please stop!!" I yelled causing him to smack me in my mouth. He tied my feet together and laid next to me.

"This wouldn't have happened if you knew how to keep your damn mouth shut. But I guess you want me to take care of you the way I intended to in the beginning"

"Jeremiah are you really like this?" I asked.

"Only when a woman I want is vulnerable and in need of my attention." He took my hair out of its bun then covered me up. "I'll be back with my toys soon"

I fucked up. How didn't I know the lock was broken? I don't even want to imagine what he's going to do to me.

August POV

"Please please please call me back" Rayna's voicemail ended. I'm glad her bipolar ass forgave me but I need to get all three of them out of there. I called back and this time Jeremiah answered.
"She called you too? Her punishment will be even better now. Well worse for her. Better for me"

"Don't touch her!"

"I'll touch allllll over her. In all the places you couldn't appreciate. She might not think she enjoys it but her body will enjoy it"

"Jeremiah I have your money!"

"I have your ex. The money doesn't matter anymore. The only thing that matters now is how loud I can make her scream my name. Bye August. I'm busy trying to go fuck my new bitch" He hung up abruptly and I screamed in anger.

If he even looks at her naked I'm shooting him in his head. If the police don't get to him first.

I took my phone to the police station and had them track the voicemail. It'll take 2 hours to get to the house and that's not soon enough but the sooner we leave, the sooner we get there.

Rayna POV

"OWWWWWWW" He pressed a lit cigar against my leg making me scream in pain.

"Raynaaaaaaa" He sang running his finger down my thigh. He covered us with the blanket and hovered over me breathing on my neck. "You're allowed to enjoy it"