Necromancer

"Where the bloody hell is it?" Klaus said loudly, looking at the place where once his younger brother's ashes had been placed. 

"Niklaus what seems to be the problem?" Elijah inquired, walking into the room to see what had happened now. 

"Kol's ashes are missing." The Hybrid declared, pointing towards the place that once held a vase but now only had a strange engraving. 

"Do you think mother did it?" Elijah asked, inspecting the symbol engraved on top of the fireplace. "And why did you put our brother's ashes in such, an easy to find, location?" 

"I'm not sure. That woman, whenever she's walking amongst the living, is the culprit for everything that normally happens." Klaus ragged, pacing around the room. "Well Elijah, because who would want our baby brother's ashes? We're not talking about a white oak stake here!" 

"What could Mother possibly want with his ashes?" Elijah wondered aloud as Hayley walked into the room. 

"What is going on now?" Hayley asked, frowning at their concerned faces.

"It seems someone has stolen our brother's ashes." Klaus explained, pointing towards the fireplace. "Possibly our devious mother."

"Wait, your brother's ashes were inside the vase that was there?" Hayley asked, somewhat grossed out, and looked at the symbol. "I didn't know your mother knew chinese." 

"Chinese?" Both brother's inquired at the same time, looking at the recently turned hybrid. 

"You've been alive for a billion years and you don't recognize a Chinese character?" Hayley asked, amused by their lack of knowledge.  

"We were hiding from Mikael, going to Asia where we could be easily recognized by our features would not have been a safe plan." Elijah replied, thinking back on the past. 

"Not to mention the East was Kol's playground." Klaus replied, remembering their wild and vicious little brother. 

"Let me check it out." Hayley said, nodding in understanding. She took out her phone and opened google translator, taking a picture of the symbol. In less than a second, the translation was complete. "According to google translator, this symbol is the character for 'west.'" 

"West?" Klaus asked while Elijah looked on with a pondering look. 

"Niklaus, wherever did you stash Kol's belongings?" Elijah inquired, as if he had just remembered something. 

"I have some of them here, but most are in storage." Klaus replied, arching a brow at the question. 

"Show me, I think I have a lead." The Noble Original said, and Klaus zoomed out of the room. In a few seconds, he returned with a large chest on in hands. He dropped it on the floor and pushed it open. 

Elijah and Hayley both looked down curious. It had a strange number of items inside, some from different eras and some from different countries. Hayley grabbed a red old Chinese hand fan made of bamboo and inspected it carefully. "Damn, this thing should be in a museum." 

"Do be careful with our dead brother's belongings, little wolf." Klaus said, taking the fan out of her hand. 

Meanwhile, Elijah looked towards a large stack of letters written in parchment and took them out of the chest. Klaus looked at him wondering what he was doing and Elijah explained. "Back in the day I remember our brother received quite a large number of letters from one of his witches, I distinctly believe one of them was called West." 

"I'm pretty sure that if it was back in the day said witch is dead and buried." Klaus replied, rolling his eyes at his older brother. 

The older man ignored him and inspected the letter until he found what he was looking for. He put down the rest of the letters back where they belonged and turned to his brother and Hayley.