2

Waking up the morning Pip found that most of the optimism he had last night had vanished with the prospect of returning to school. Quickly shoving on his normal outfit and hat he rushed out the door even though he still had plenty of time to leave.

It was only until he reached South Park high that he realized that he hadn't eaten breakfast. If his morning couldn't get any worse the town bully and psychopath decided that Phillip would be a great target.

"What's up with you today Frenchie," Cartman, while great at psychological manipulation had never quite evolved past grade school insults. Phillip knew that as one of the people he was supposed to protect he should care for Cartman, but sometimes he couldn't wait until he was soundly burning in hell.

"Sorry Eric if I don't go soon I'll miss first period," just because he was an angel didn't mean that his human form could stand up to the wall that was his tormentor. He quickly tried to slip past but was stopped by a flabby arm.

"What do you mean, we still got five minutes, plenty of time." Cartman said raising his fist back. 'I really wish I let you get hit by that car last week.' Was probably not the most angelic thing to think but the only thought Phillip had before the fist made contact with his face.
Walking into first period with a forming black eye wasn't really on his plan but at least the bullies would be satisfied for today. 'Thanks for all the help guys' he thought gazing around at the students taking their seats. 'Way to pay back your own personal guardian angel.' He leaned his head back on the back of his chair and tried to calm the beginnings of a headache as the bell rang in the background. He was forced to rise back into reality as his English teacher began talking. Being greeted with a pair of terrifying red eyes. The normally shrill voice of the teacher faded into nothing as the eyes of the strange kid standing next to her scanned over the classroom. Before resting on Phillip and burning holes into his head.

"Now uh, what was your name dear?" The teacher prompted patting the all black clad kid on the shoulder.

"Call me Damien," he said.
Busy being petrified desperately hoping that, one, this kid was not actually the anti christ, even though all his senses where telling him that uh yes it was. And two he really couldn't figure that the kid he was staring through was an angel. Being busy having a small internal panic attack Phillip almost missed the kid next to him chuckle and whisper about how the new edge lord couldn't be serious.

Phillip was staring straight ahead when Damien made his way to his seat across the room and was still staring ahead until the bell rang for his next period. He was out of the room before it had finished ringing. He had no idea what to do next, he was assigned a small town for a reason. It had less chance of anything truly disaster worthy happening, perfect for a young upstart to get started, especially if they where the youngest. Someone carrying the name Damien, who reeked of evil and the unholy was not supposed to show up at all. Phillip was not supposed to have what could very well be the antichrist show up.
'Perhaps I should contact heaven, this is too big for just me.' He thought before a realization hit him, 'If I contact other angels then they might think I'm not good enough for my job! I was given a gift to come down here at the age I am.' Phillip slowed his pace noticing he was practically running through the halls. 'Deep breaths your most likely overreacting, this is most likely some emo kid nothing to be worried about!'

He used to be a very optimistic person before coming to earth. In fact he still considered himself an optimist and realized that the stress might have gotten to him just a little. Chuckling a little to himself he thought of how stupid it would be to contact heaven over an edgy kid, especially with a huge black eye forming.
———
Damien watched Phillip scamper off like a rabid dog was after him. Smiling he slowly gathered his things, how lucky he was to find the towns angel on his first day here. Even better he looked defenseless his eye was swollen so much Damien doubted he could see out of it. He would be very easy to pick off, not playing with him would be a disservice to the evil he represented. Finding him again would easy as well he glowed an annoying amount. These thoughts on his mind Damien stalking out the door grinning at all the fun that could arise from this situation.