8

Philips bed was much warmer then he remembered it being.

Now that he thinks about it beds aren't supposed to breath either are they? Philips eyes shot open to find himself practically spooning Damien. One of his hand was still nestled in his hair and his own face was smack dab in the center of his chest. A sleeping position that no normal person, human or angel, would find comfortable.

Philip thought he knew fear when he first saw the boy that would bring the apocalypse. Now he knew that true fear felt like. While Philip was pondering how to untangle himself without waking the Antichrist, Damien was wondering why he was warmer then usual.

Both of them seemed to realize the other was awake at the same time. Damien shoved Philip with a shout pushing both of them off the bed. From the other side of the bed Damien could hear Philip make a squeal of shock as he hit the ground.

"Dude!" Damien shouted, then quickly lowered his voice to a harsh whisper as if surprised by his own outburst. "What is wrong with you!"

Philip peered over the other side of the bed at him, or at least tried too, his eyes seemed to want to look anywhere but the other boy. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you just seemed in pain last night and-"

"Stop talking, look whatever man just keep that gay shit away from me."

"Yes of course, terribly sorry." Damien probably didn't hear Philips last apology as Philip had already ran out of the bedroom.

Shit, shit, shit, what was he even doing? Philip had done a lot of stupid things before but this went over the line.

He was so distracted by his foolishness that he hadn't even started making breakfast when Damien came down, thankfully fully dressed. He had some how managed to find something black in Philips closet, probably crumbled up in the back corner somewhere.

"Okay look," Damien started, sitting at the table still not bothering to try and meet Philips eyes. "Let's just pretend that this morning and whatever you thought you saw last night never happened. Deal?"

Deep breaths Philip don't let this demon get to you. "Deal." He finally said out loud. "Tonight you sleep on the couch."

"You mean you are going to let me stay here?"

Shit. "I think so yes."

The room fell quiet as both of them took in and realized the gravity of Philips last statement. The soft bubbling of boiling water was the only thing that penetrated the silence.

It wasn't broken again until the morning tea had finished and both boys had a warm glass of it sitting in front of them.

"Don't you ever get tired of this stuff?" Damien asked desperate to break the silence.

"We don't really have tea in heaven, Angels don't need to consume human food for energy. I suppose I am just taking advantage of earths delights while I do my job."

The demon snorted not impressed by his answer. He lifted up his glass and took a wiff as if to show Philip that it was really nothing special before his eyes shot open and finally made contact with Philips for the first time that morning.

Slamming his glass down in what in Philips opinion was rather violently he shot up out of his chair. "I told you why I'm here."

"Yes do you want to talk about it, get emotionally sorted out!" The angle would never tell Damien but he had gotten an A in emotional consoling, and quite enjoyed talking to humans about their problems.

"What no, of course not." Frantic dismissive gestures followed. In all honesty Damien was going to pretend that absolutely nothing happened last night. "Now you have to show me your wings as part of our little game!"

Philip grumbled wishing that Damien had forgotten that game "Oh, yes i suppose your right old chap. Just give me a second to slip out of this disguise."

You had to give the angels in charge of making human forms some credit, as they almost always matched the angle they were fitted to perfectly. Philips was no different, you could say there was no difference between the two. Obviously Philips real form had wings and that was almost the only thing you could pick up. But, Damien thought, his hair is slightly longer too. He's got cute little light  freckles on his face too.

"There we go, I'm still not much to look at I'm afraid to say. Your staring at me strangely I would have thought that you have seen an angels true form by now."

"Of course I have seen of you fuckers before." Damien snapped ashamed of his earlier line of thought. "It's just I'm not sure how it works, is it an entirely new body?"

"Well I'm not sure, I didn't take any classes on this kind of magic. It's more like clothing I think."

More awkward silence followed this both boys trying to examine each other without letting the other know. "Fascinating." Damien finally said definitely not thinking about Philip calling his human disguise clothing.

Philip griped his tea mug tighter desperately trying not to turn bright red. "Well now you've seen! It's not good to just wander like this I'm putting it back on!" An excuse to flee to the bathroom away from Damien's gaze. Not like he needed to be out of sight, Philip thought to himself once alone, It's not like you were naked in front of him. He doesn't even want to entertain that thought process and shuts it down before it can go any farther.

When he re-emerges back in the kitchen Damien is gone. A note tells him that he's going for a walk and to stay out of his business. It's fairly obvious that they both wanted to avoid the continued awkwardness of before however.

The note puts Philip in a bad mood and not even Chainsaw deciding to curl up next to him on the couch makes it any better. His mood only gets worse when he remembers that your only supposed to discard your disguise to preform a large or time important miracle, and those always involved paperwork. This paperwork was always picked up by a fellow angel to.

Philip bolted upright and scanned the note for a number to call, when he didn't find one he simply grabbed a coat and bolted outside to find Damien himself. Because of his incompetence he and Damien need to think up a lie, and fast.

A/N: uhhh okay, First off I never expected a fic I wrote as a joke with a friend would get this much attention, Second I had this chapter completed a while ago and then Wattpad deleted it. getting the motivation to write this chapter would have been impossible if I wasn't getting updates from Wattpad reminding me that people actually read this thing, so thanks.