6. The Arcade

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"Really Lloyd? Only you would take me to the candy store." I gave Lloyd a look and rolled my eyes as we walked into Ninjago's Candy Store.

"What? I need my sweets!" Lloyd defended himself as he grabbed a green Lollipop, M&M's, and some Kit Kats off the shelf. "You'd better get me a Kit Kat then, since you had to drag me along." I commented with a smirk. Lloyd sighed and grabbed another Kit Kat. "Fine..." He complained.

"It's kinda funny, I didn't even plan on coming here today....." Lloyd muttered under his breath. But I still heard it.

"What was that?" I lightly punched him on the shoulder. "N-nothing." He tried to cover it up, but I could easily see past his sweet smile. "Uh-huh, right," I smirked as Lloyd payed for the candy and handed me a Kit Kat.

"Thanks for the candy." I murmured, as we walked out of the store and down the road. "Where are we going now?" I took a bit of my Kit Kat. "We, are going to the arcade!" Lloyd answered and entered a door on the left.

"Yay!" I yelled as we walked into the Ninjago Arcade and I finished my Kit Kat bar. We went to the desk to get our play cards. "Alright (Y/n), we have fifty play credits on our game cards to use." Lloyd handed me a Arcade card.

"Fifty?! Wow thanks Lloyd! What should we do first?" I took the card from Lloyd and turned around to look at all the games. "Cool! There's ski ball, air hockey, Pac man, and racing games, how are we gonna choose which one to play first Lloyd?" I turned around and saw a bright smile on Lloyd's face.

"How 'bout we start by me beating you in those Racing simulators over there?" He pointed toward the two car racing consoles. "You're on, but don't be disappointed when I crush you!" I said and ran over to the games. We sat down and slid our cards into the card reader thingy.

The game started and me and Lloyd were racing. He had a green car and I had a (F/c) car. I started out in third then I fell behind Lloyd who was forth. "Haha! Imma win!" He exclaimed with delight.

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" I slammed on the gas petal and used one of my extra speed boosts I had been saving to get into first place. By the second lap, I was still in first place with Lloyd hot on my trail. "It doesn't look too good for ya now does it?" Lloyd commented, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"Maybe not, but that doesn't I can't win. Here we go on the third lap, ya ready to lose Lloyd?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes. During the last lap, (the third one,) we were neck and neck. I glanced at Lloyd beside me, hit my speed boost and crossed the finish line. I sat back in my seat with my arms across my chest and a smirk on my face.

I glanced at Lloyd who stared open-mouthed at his screen, saying that he came in second. "Well, well, well. Disappointed Lloyd? I told you I'd crush you." I said with a smirk.

"Yeah, whatever." Lloyd replied and climbed off the console. I followed him toward the ski ball games. "Let play ski ball, I don't think you can lose at this one." I said as I swiped my card and the balls were released. I rolled a ball up the ramp and it hit the forty points circle.

"Here, you try. You probably have a better arm then I do." I picked up a ball and handed it to Lloyd. He took it out of my hand. "Okay, I'll give it a shot." He rolled the ball and it landed in the one hundred points circle.

"See? I told you you'd be good at it." I said and grabbed another ball. I rolled it, but it was off by a hair and it fell into the ten points circle. "Oh man." I picked up a ball and handed it to Lloyd. "Here, win me some points." I moved out of the way so Lloyd could roll the ball.

"Alright, that shouldn't be too hard." Lloyd murmured. He threw the ball into the one hundred points circle again. "Go Lloyd!" I encouraged him on. He grabbed a ball and rolled it right up into the two hundred points circle. "Yay!" I clapped my hands together.

"Okay, your turn." Lloyd handed me a ball. "But I'm not as good as you. I won't get very many points." I tossed the ball from hand to hand. "Well, some points are better then no points right?" Lloyd replied.

I nodded. "I guess so." I held the ball firmly in my hand and focused on my throwing position. I tossed the ball up the ramp and it rolled into the fifty points circle. "Good job (Y/n)!" Lloyd cheered for me with a smile. I smiled back.

I took the last four balls, and handed two to Lloyd and kept two for myself. "Here, you take two and I take two." I said, as I threw a ball into the thirty pints circle. I turned around to face Lloyd.

"Your turn." I grinned. Lloyd gripped a ball firmly in his right hand and tossed it up the ramp into the sixty points circle. "Dang it, that wasn't one of my best shots, thats for sure." He said with a frown. "It's alright Lloyd, you got another shot left." I took my last ball, and it made it into the forth points circle.

"Now, let me try again." Lloyd stepped forward and rolled his ball right into the two hundred circle. "Alright! That's what I'm talking about!" He exclaimed happily as he high-fived me. I couldn't help but smile at his joy from 'winning' the game.

A little while later, we were almost out of game credits. Lloyd had lost to me least five times, I lost to him three times, we won over two thousand tickets to get something at the prize counter, and I now had a giant panda plushie that Lloyd won me from a claw game.

"Hey, look at this game." I motioned Lloyd over to a game console. "It's a green ninja game." I commented. "Oh we gotta play (Y/n)!" Lloyd begged me. I sighed and gave in.

"Fine." I slid my card (because Lloyd didn't have any credits left) and hit the start button. On the screen, there was a pixelated green ninja. It look similar to a Mario game, but instead of Mario, it was the green ninja. I moved out of the way so Lloyd could play.

"Whoa, look, there's even all the bad guys we fought before!" Lloyd exclaimed. I looked at the screen and saw Garmadon, Pythor, nindroids, Nadakhan, the Time Twins, and Mor-

"AHHHHH!!" Lloyd screamed and sat down on the floor quickly. "Lloyd? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked, worriedly. I placed a hand on his knee in comfort.

"M-morro....." He murmured as he rocked back and forth in fear, staring off into the distance. I glanced at the screen to see a pixelated ghost that I recognized as Morro. The pixelated Morro was hovering over the green ninja who was on his back on the ground.

"Dude, its just a game. I sometimes think you guys take games a little too seriously." I sat down next to him on the floor with our backs against the console. I looked into Lloyd's emerald green eyes as he looked at me. I saw past recurring fear and pain in his eyes.

"Oh Lloyd.... I'm sorry." I whispered. Lloyd looked away. "I-it....i-it's fine...." He replied in a dead tone. "The past is the past, and you can't change the past can you?" Lloyd said. "Maybe not, but we can make the future better then the past." I stood up and held out a hand for Lloyd.

"C'mon, let's go pick out our prizes and ditch this place." I said as Lloyd took my hand and stood up.

About an hour later, we left the arcade with a bunch of candy (like we didn't have enough already) a green ninja doll, a fidget spinner, a unicorn plushie, and a giant panda plushie.

When we went outside, the sun was starting to set, (I guess we were at the arcade longer than I thought) so we decided to go back home. Lloyd sparked up his elemental dragon, and we flew home through the orange-gold sky.