Chapter 18: Gripping Story Ace

Fuck, my head aches!

I'm starving....

"Annalise?"

Holding my head from its slamming pain, I forced my eyes open to look through the bright lights.

God, someone shut that fucking thing off!

This is worse than the morning of Eva's 18th party, a hangover above and beyond.

"Anne?"

"Would you....just, like shut the fuck up?" I said low as I closed my eyes covering my face from the light. It's slightest beam over my face was driving me insane.

Vampires on an all blood diet are highly sensitive to the light, makes sense why I feel like the sunlight is burning into my brain.

"Close that fucking curtain!" I muttered and as the drapes drew over the window, the only light was the fluorescent one and I'm happy it didn't affect me.

I rubbed my eyes before opening them and staring around the bars that encaged me, great. No one told me we had prisons in this damn school.

Eighties music was playing from the cell beside me, and as I looked over I caught eyes with an enthusiastic guy. He grinned from ear to ear sitting on the steal bed with his foot propped up and his head leaned back. His dirty brown hair floppy and falling over but wrapped in a bandana. He looked like some eighties bad boy who smokes and has daddy issues.

As he gave me a wink, I internally gagged and looked ahead at the woman before my cell. "Annalise Dragos." She stated, "You have my attention." I responded.

She stared down at me with fire red hair and golden eyes, "You are currently under evaluation for the death of a crew of vampires including your friends Vesper and Kristoffer." She stated glaring at me.

Kris? "Kris isn't dead." I said softly while leaning my head into the cold metal bars. The coolness felt good on my throbbing forehead.

The woman handed a photo through the bars and I reached up grabbing it and scowling at her before looking down to it.

I dropped it quickly, my heart falling to the cold floor, "He-Kris is dead?" I stared down at the photo of his dead corpse on an autopsy table.

"His corpse was found an hour after you arrived, he was in the barn with his neck slit open." My mind envisioned her words and I cringed, wiping tears from my eyes.

She looked to the cell to my left, and eyed the eighties boy, "You've still got two weeks here before your next court date Jesse, be on your best behavior." She stated before walking away and handing the papers that once where in her hands to a guard.

"You like Cyndi Lauper?" The kid, Jesse, asked.

My thirst was extensive, I wanted to tear everyones throat open, but at the same time I wanted to sit and cry for Evangeline. She's probably a complete disaster.

One of the guards walked over to the gate and handed me a bottle of blood, "Rabbits blood until you've completely cleansed." He said robotically.

I took it and eyed him, the smell of his blood beneath his skin turned me on a bit. "My best friend is out there, she's hurting and I know that she needs me beside her. Please. Let me see her." I pleaded but when he didn't respond I added.

"When we were ten, Kris got in a bad skateboarding accident, tore his thigh open and she was so scared and sad. She didn't have anyone to cry to, she's too stubborn. She-she's afraid to be weak." I hoped he'd give in but instead another voice cut in.

"Gripping story Ace. I'm sure the guard will let you out after that." His voice came out dry and sarcastic.

Knowing exactly who it was, I can understand his anger since I'm the reason he's locked up.