Chapter 45: Whisper It

Michaels POV

She did it again, pulled at my chest and yanked at my soul. It was a place I get lost a lot, her eyes. Just like honey, or a sweet fall day, her lashes like the gates to heaven softly drawing me in, almost hypnotically.

I eyed the bag of food sitting on the desk, her smell still lingering in the room.

How is it, that even though the entire fucking school destroyed her, humiliated her, and demolished her reputation yet...she realizes I didn't eat and brings me food?

I should've been the one to bring her dinner, I should've wrapped her in my arms and held her while she cried, told her it was okay and it'll be okay and that I'd tear the heads off everyone who even decided to whisper it to another.

Yet I won't, because I shouldn't get involved, not with her.

Her kiss still lingered warm on my cheek, id barely rid the kiss of her lips and didn't need another reminder that we'll never work.

God Annalise, you fucking Angel, you're killing me. If only you'd see, open up and see that these vampires, the humans, are not worthy of you.

I opened the bag and reached In pulling out the
Box and opening it eyeing the spicy chicken.

A small barely there smile slipping over my lips before I realized it was there and wiped it away.

She'll either be my ending or my beginning.

I haven figured it out yet.

I've thought of just bringing her to the darker side...maybe that'll work. Maybe if she hated them the way I do, we could be something.

Maybe she'd rule beside me, be the ruler beside me and we'd own both castles, uniting the Vangsvere and Nysrough castles.

She'd make a great leader.

She'd be an even greater mother though, and I couldn't see anyone else raising my kids than her.

Anne's POV

I spent most of Tuesday hiding in my dorm and having Lily bring me my homework and assignments. Jolene stopped by with snacks and even sat watching a movie with me.

Then she gave me an inspiring story about my mom, apparently my mom got a lot of lash for having a crush on Lucious. Yet she took it in strides and impressed everyone when she walked into class with her head held high.

Jolene even told me that she didn't mind me liking Michael and said if the world hadn't shamed my mom from Lucious then today's war would be a lot smaller in population.

I woke up Wednesday and headed to my classes with confidence thinking of her the entire time.

Combat class was the funnest, as usual.

Giving the rope a hard pull, I laughed as Matty missed his shot. This whole piñata beating thing was a fun way to end the year.

I eyed Koda, "You gotta be fast." I said watching him nod "I got this Lise, just don't cry when the candy goes flying at your face."

Laughing sarcastically, I gave it a hard yank as he tried to punch it, then I dropped it as he tried kicking it. Next!

I handed the rope to Michael avoiding eye contact and walking to the piñata.