Training day

Marine marksman training was where I met my good friend and comrade Thief, he's also the one who gave me the calsign of Sicarius. The day started off with basic PT just to warm us up for the day after breakfest. Runs, burpies, jumping jacks, shit like that. The real story starts at the range: We where doing qual on the range, just to see everyones placing with marksmanship.

Our goal was to see who could beat the instructor, everyone whent up one by one, all coming close. Until it was my turn, just like the sword in the stone I did it perfect, every round straight through the paper in the exact spot our instructor shot through, and for the ones he missed I made headshots. The area was quite after I shot no one said a single word except for a unison. " Damn " from everyone there; but the real thing that made this experience all the different was the instructor, motherfucker wasn't older than 19 and here he comes saying.

" Good god Private, your a better shot than me. Hell all of the damn guys here, whats your name kid! " Thief said in a baffled state.

" Private Greg Reynar, sir " I attentively said.

" Dont give me that shit, your calsign kid. I want your Calsign. " he had proclaimed.

" I dont have one sir " I replied with.

" Well damn son how about I give you one.... How does Sicarius sound? " he had asked.

" Fine, sir. I dont mind it " I replied with, not knowing that this would be the calsign I go by for the rest of my military career.

" Alright Sicarius, can you tell me where you learned to shoot like that " he had asked me.

" Sir, I'm just doing what you asked me to do in all honesty " I replied with.

" This guy, sheesh. Alright Sicarius listen ok you listening? I honestly don't give a shit where your shooting comes from, alright, I know that your good at it." He told me in a very brief manner and then went on to say " I want you all to hear this, Private Reynar here matched and beat me in this little competition of ours; so, you know what this means? " He yelled " I want every single one of you to make headshots, and only headshots! Nothing else counts. " He ordered

And that was how I got my nickname, apparently the instructor spoke 5-6 different languages, I think, one of them being Latin fluently. He said that Sicarius ment Assassin or Murderer, he thought it fit because of how I placed my shots.

Through the rest of training I was referred to as Sicarius. Irrelevant mostly; but, If I remember correctly, all of the NATO forces that where there passed the marksman training. No clue why it was all joint forces, but who cares.

Lets see what's next, oh yeah right Operation: Overwhelming Forcing.