Ch: 1

It has been 5 years since I helped Naboo get free from the Trade Federation's control. It's been 4 and a little over a half years since I've last spoken to Padme. It's not like it's my fault I haven't talked to her since a few weeks after the ball, I've been busy doing this and that. Yoda said that I'm almost ready to become a Jedi Knight but who knows with him? He told Kala that she was almost ready when she was 18 but she didn't become a Jedi Knight until she was 20, she's been a Knight for about a year already. In the meantime, I've been spending my free time with either Kala or Obi wan and Anakin. Anakin has really come a long way in training, he can hold his own in a lightsaber duel. He's learning as fast as I did, if not faster as he's already 14 years old and he's only slightly in par with me. He'll probably be an equal match for me in a year or two with how fast he's coming along, granted that I stay the same as how I am now which I probably won't. While I'm with Obi wan and Anakin, Obi wan occasionally has me helping him with Anakin's training. He mostly has me trying to teach Anakin how to meditate as I'm so good at it.

"Hey!" I heard Kala say as she snapped her fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Stop day dreaming, mostly because I'm trying to talk to you and you're just day dreaming off. So, pay attention!" Kala snapped at me.

"Sorry...." I rolled my eyes as I apologized, sarcastically.

"Don't sweat it." Kala told me, brushing off my reaction to her snapping at me. "Anyways...back to what I was saying."

"Which was?" I asked Kala curiously, as I wasn't paying attention before.

"About you." Kala told me sternly. "...and Obi wan."

"W-what?" I asked Kala as I felt my cheeks start to turn red. Ever since we've started hanging around each other four or so years ago, my feelings for him have only deepened.

"I've seen it in the way you look at him." Kala told me. "It's subtle but it's there. If I didn't know you, I wouldn't think much about it but I do know you, Nova. You don't act like that around anyone else."

"Is that all?" I asked her, as I got up from the bench we where sitting on. If this is about what I think it is about, I don't want to continue this conversation. After all, it's against the rules to like someone like this. My sister was an exception, she was my family and I already had an attachment to her before I became a Jedi, much like Anakin with his mother.

Kala grabbed my wrist and stood up. "You're not getting away that easily." Kala told me. She then turned me around to face her. "You do like him, don't you?" Kala said in a hushed voice, even though nobody is around to hear us as it's after sunset. Which means that everyone is either still eating in the cafe or is in their room, about to go to bed.

"Is it that easy to tell?" I asked her.

"Only to someone who really knows you." Kala told me. "And I really know you but I wasn't sure until you started to walk away. Like how I used to run away from you after we first met."

"When did you start to figure everything out?" I asked Kala.

"I started to get suspicious of the two of you the other day." Kala told me.

"The two of us...?" I asked Kala. "Not just me...?"

"Yeah," Kala told me. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that he likes you too."

"Really...?" I asked Kala.

"The signs are all there," Kala told me. "He seems to always squeeze in time with you when he can. He seems to enjoy your company...for whatever reason that may be."

"Hey!" I lightly punched her in her shoulder for her last remark. She pulled back and acted like my punch hurt, which I knew that it didn't.

"Alright...." Kala told me. "So, does he know that you like him?" Kala jumped right towards the gossip part.

"No...." I told Kala. "Wait...?" I thought for a second. "You're not going to tell the council about this...are you...?"

"Nova, I've been your friend for about 5 years," Kala told me. "If I were to rat you out to the council, I would've told them about my suspicions already before I came to talk to you."

"So, you're not going to tell?" I asked Kala.

"It's not my secret to tell," Kala told me. "Plus there seems to be nothing going on between the two of you right now."

"But what if this turns into something...more...?" I asked Kala.

"That's a huge what if," Kala told me. "I won't tell them unless I see you heading towards the dark side," Kala reassured me. "I'm your friend, not your enemy."