the feeling

-

yellow days; a little while

-

"stop laughing."

chris smirked, watching as yugyeom set a blanket over bambam as carefully as possible. "and shut up", yugyeom continued, shooting glares at the other boys.

chris held his hands up in defense. "not my fault you're being boyfriend of the year."

yugyeom rolled his eyes, but anyone who knew him could notice the flustered way he dropped his hands to his sides and the pink tint to his normally pale cheeks. they had made it to three am before bambam passed out on the couch, and now yugyeom was making them all stay silent while the new kid slept.

more than anything, yugyeom wanted some time alone in his room. he needed to think about why his heart was beating so fast (at least 60 beats per second). he needed to think about why he felt as though for once he could maybe run, or why his cheeks felt hot, or why things didn't seem so dull anymore. the colors of his world were returning, and it was nearly blinding. was this feeling...joy?

he'd never felt anything so strongly before. the smile on his lips hurt; it stretched his cheeks so wide, wider than ever. this was real. this is what it felt to be human.

"can't you just carry him upstairs so w can continue having fun?", sanha complained. yugyeom shot him a glare.

"fine. you two complain a lot", he said, shooting deadly glances at chris and sanha. the two just grinned.

yugyeom stood over bambam, palms starting to sweat. he furrowed his brows; his palms had never sweat before. "what, you scared or something?", chris asked, muscular arms folded over his chest. yugyeom bit his bottom lip.

the truth was, he was nervous. he was nervous to have his arms around bambam, to carry him to his room and set him in his bed. his heart pounded on his chest almost painfully.

"do you need help, or-"

"i'm fine", yugyeom said gruffly, easily pulling bambam into his arms and making his way to the staircase. he didn't even stumble under bambam's weight; one of the good things about being a zombie hybrid.

he opened the door to bambam's room as quietly as possible, which was hard when everything in raven house made an incessant creaking sound and while carrying a witch in his arms bridal style. somehow, he succeeded and set bambam down in his bed gently. he should have credited his success more to the fact that the witch was exhausted and hadn't slept peacefully for almost two weeks and less to his own "elegance".

he managed to slip the covers over bambam's thin body and place his head on the fluffy down pillow without waking him. he was just about to leave when he glanced over at the sleeping boy and paused. a sliver of light from the crescent moon fell over his placid features, giving him an angel-like illuminance.

he sat on the edge of bambam's bed, held captive by the boy's sleeping face. he reached a hand out, as if to move a strand of hair out of his face or stroke his cheek, but froze half-way there.

what was he doing? why was he so captivated by this boy he had just met a day ago? it had only been a day right? and yet, these feelings...they were so real, they were almost surreal.

maybe it didn't matter how long it took you to know you were where you belonged for the first time in your life.

maybe that's all it took. one day.

yugyeom reached his hand out the rest of the way and smoothed a loose strand of silver hair off of bambam's forehead.

-

filler chapter (621 words)