Chapter Twenty-Three

<><><><><>

 "So, did you just leave the resturant without paying?", Beau said on a serious note.

"Of course not silly", I smiled.

"How much was it?", he asked me while taking out his wallet and opening it.

"I can't remember", I lied while trying not to let it show.

"Liar", he darted at me.

"Don't worry about it Beau. I wanted to pay", I said while placing my hand on his knee.

"C'mon. I know you've been waiting to go the left-handed people store", he said as he took my hand off of him and held it instead.

"Do I really make it that obvious?", I asked him.

"Remember what I said about knowing how a person feels by looking into their eyes? Well, when I look into yours, I can tell that your anxious about something and I guess that something is that store", he explained as he pointed off into the distance where the store was. 

"Well, the thought of wanting to go to that store didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it", I said to him.

"I guess that makes me a mind reader then", He winked at me as we approached the front of the store.

Beau took a quick step right in front of me and opened the door, all in one swift movement,

"What a young gentlemen", an old lady said as she appeared from nowhere and stepped right in front of me and past Beau who was still hold the door.

Talk about awkward.

Beau smiled at her and then looked at me sheepishly.

"Such a gentlemen", I teased as I lightly patted his cheek and walked into the store.

"I try", he laughed as he followed behind me.

We began looking through the store and were mesmerized by the things that were invented for left-handed people.

We spent a total of 30 minutes there until we decided that we needed to pay a visit to the salt water taffy shop that was located just across from this store.

We exited he store and proceeded to walk across the pavement.

Beau took a quick look around before opening the door.

"For m'lady", he smiled as he held the door open.

"Why thank you", I laughed as I walked in.

Never had I ever seen a shop flooded with all sorts of different flavours of taffy.

There was root beer float flavour, cheesecake and so many more flavours than imaginable.

"Where do we even start?", he asked as his slid his hand into mine.

"I think grabbing one of those wooden buckets would help us get started", I said stating the obvious.

"Good answer Captain Obvious", Beau teased as I let go of his hand and went to go grab a bucket.

Once I retuned, Beau led me to a salt water taffy flavour that he's been eyeing ever since we walked into the store.

Any guesses?

S'mores flavour.

He grabbed a handful and put it into the bucket that I was holding.

"Maybe just a little bit more", he said while looking into the bucket and somehow convincing himself that the handful he had grabbed, wasn't enough.

"Happy?", I asked him as he put in another handful.

"Very", he laughed.

We continued to browse and adding a varity of different flavours along the way.

Some exoctic ones and some of the dreamy dessert ones.

As we were coming up to the back corner of the store, I noticed something that I knew I had to have.

Cookie dough flavour taffy.

I immidately left Beau alone and made my way directly to the barrel filled with the taffy and began plopping in as much taffy as I could.

"Woah", Beau said as he came to me and got the taffies out of my hand.

"I think that's enough", he added as he looked into my basket and as mine did as well.

"Who are you to judge?", I said as I noticed the 5 handfuls I had already put in the bucket.

"I'm not judging anyone. I'm just preventing you from getting a stomach ache from eating all of those", he said defensively.

"Thanks but no thanks", I said as I put in a final handful.

Beau let out a small laugh and gave me a pat on the head.

"We should go check-out before you start filling this bucket up to the very top", he smirked.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and we walked to the check-out and began to pay.

"$37.98 please", the lady smiled as we placed the taffy filled bucket onto the scale.

I let Beau pay without me harassing him and then grabbed the bag with our candy in it.

I grabbed onto his hand and lugged him to a bench that was in a quiet area.

"Someone's eager to eat their taffy", he laughed as he willingly walked with me.

"You are too Bennett", I stated as we reached the bench and sat down to the left of him.

Author's Note:

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOREVER! I've been getting really lazy and I had no motivation to update hence why this chapter is not very long. I will update tomorrow and please do not hesitate to comment or message me saying that I need to update.

Anyways, you guys are so amazing and thank you all for your endless support <3