three

It was around 11 pm when you got home and Lindsay was sitting with Tyler on the couch, watching a late night talk show. "Why do people think he's funny?" Tyler sighed about the comedian being interviewed and reached for the remote, but Lindsay stopped him.

"Because he is! Stop it." She picked up the remote and tossed it onto the chair furthest away from the two of them. She took his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders, snuggling into his neck.

When you opened the fridge, it scared both of them. Apparently the sound of the door opening and closing wasn't loud enough to alert them, but the sound of the fridge seal losing suction was? They both jumped and Tyler grabbed a pillow. He was about to chuck it at you when you threw your hands up above your head. "Guys! It's just me!" You laughed and took your half full bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Oh my. (y/n), you scared the bejeezus out of me!" Lindsay laughed nervously. She crawled across the empty end of the couch to retrieve the remote and muted the TV. "Soooo," she said in a sing-song tone. "How was your day?"

"Fine," you replied shortly and sat down in the chair with a sigh. You kicked off your heels and lifted your left foot up so you could massage the pain away. You repeated that step with your right foot. "I love heels, hate what they do to my feet. Oh, and don't you have an apartment, Tyler?"

"Of course I do," he responded.

"I couldn't tell, since you're always at mine," you smirked playfully at him.

He rolled his eyes. "Well someone thinks my place is too messy, so she doesn't like to go over there."

"It is messy!" Linds exclaimed and slapped his thigh. "All I get is 'fine', (y/n)? You were gone all day! Surely you have more to say than fine."

"It was interesting," you shrugged.

Lindsay let out an exaggerated sigh. "Details, (y/n), details! What's Tom Holland like? I looked him up some more today. Did you know that he worked with an extremely famous English CEO?"

"I can't put my finger on him, so to speak," you said carefully. "I spent all day with him and barely learned anything about him. Well..."

"Well?" She raised her eyebrows with a smile.

"Towards the end of the day, he opened up just a bit. His attitude leaves a little to be desired." You relaxed into the cushion and let out a deep breath, closing your eyes for a second. "The amount of energy it took to get what little information I got is outrageous. I'm exhausted."

"So what did you learn?"

You chewed the inside of your lip. You knew Tom didn't exactly want you spreading information about him outside of the paper you were writing, even if the information should be common knowledge. Did this cross a line? He would never know. You decided to play it safe.

"You'll just have to wait and read the paper when it's done, I guess." You wiggled your eyebrows playfully.

"Whatever." Lindsay twisted some hair around her finger and thought of her next question. "Isn't he kind of sexy, though?" She asked.

Tyler groaned. "And that's my cue to exit." He pecked his girlfriend on the cheek and stood up. "See you later, babe. And you too, (y/n)."

"I'm sure I will," you joked and he gave you the middle finger before walking out the door. Lindsay got up shortly after and locked the door before coming back to you. She stared and waited patiently for your evaluation. You shook your head. "I mean, if you're into that sort of thing... sure, I can see how you think he's attractive."

"Come on, (y/n)! You can't deny it. The way his hair flows –oh, it's dreamy! And his eyes are so dark. He's so handsome!" She took her phone out and showed you a picture of him. "So handsome," she sighed dreamily.