eleven

You woke up in the bright room and you realised you were by yourself. Thoughts started going through your head and you asked yourself if last night really happened. You felt like you had the best night ever and was waking up with no hangover.

You sat up slowly and looked around for the person you thought you had shared the bed with. He was nowhere to be seen. You pulled your shorts on and threw your hair into a ponytail before making your way slowly out to the hallway. That was where you saw many other bedroom doors and a large living area with the grand piano. Harry sat on the couch next to it with a video game controller in his hand. When he saw you and your looks he smirked and paused his game.

"Well, would you look who stayed the night last night."

You sighed with a small smile and rolled your eyes. "Not like that."

"Yeah, but I saw Tom emerge out of the same door about thirty minutes ago to go have his quiet time outside, so," he pointed to the back porch and then turned back to you.

"Well, nothing like that happened. We just slept in the same bed." You confirmed and went over to the door. You saw Tom sitting outside reading a book and you smiled to yourself. "I don't want to disturb him."

"He's fine." Harry assured you. "Go ahead. I doubt he'll get upset if you come out there."

"Okay." You nodded and opened the door.

Tom turned around and smiled. "Mornin'."

"Morning." You laced your hand on his shoulder and rubbed it for a moment. "Sleep well?"

"I did." He replied with a sip of his coffee. "You?"

"I did too." You sat down at the couch next to him and looked out onto the backyard and the city. "This is beautiful."

"I know." He sighed and looked out himself. "That's why I enjoy it so much. And why I come out here every morning. I didn't want to wake you."

"It's okay." You assured him. "It was nice to sleep in a bit."

"What are you going to do now that you don't have to spend the day with me anymore?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" You tilted your head. "I'm finished with my paper but I can still be with you... right?"

"Well, of course, yeah." He said. "But you know, you were only supposed to be at work with me while you were also working. It might be kind of hard to concentrate with my girlfriend at the office with me three days a week." He paused, realising what he just said. "Not girlfriend, I mean- fuck, I'm sorry, I-"

You laughed and bit your lip. "Tom, it's fine." You smiled at him and sighed, "I'll be your girlfriend."

He sighed and chuckled under his breath. "But do you know what you're getting yourself into here?"

"What does that mean?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"(y/n), you see yourself, I'm a dick." He said seriously, "I'm arrogant. I like things my way. I keep things hidden. I-I'm something no one wants in a boyfriend. It's what they want in a one night stand."

You sighed and got up. He looked at you like he had no idea what was going on and you sat down on his lap with your arms around his neck. You pushed some of his curls away from his face and offered him a slow kiss on the lips. He backed off and looked at you in the eyes.

"I don't see arrogance." You told him. "I see a passion for perfection. And you may keep things hidden but I know more than I need to for right now. And every time I learn something new about you it's like a little present." You laughed.