epilogue

"(y/n)?" You heard Tom say as he got into the apartment. "I'm home."

You quickly wiped away the few tears that had escaped your eyes and took one last look at yourself in the mirror, fixing your hair.

"Darling?" Tom called out again, entering your shared bedroom.

You took a deep breath and got out of the bathroom, hoping he wouldn't notice the tear stains on your cheeks.

His eyes met yours and he gave you a sweet smile. "There you are."

You smiled back and went to hug him. He wrapped his arms tightly around your waist and you wrapped yours around his neck. He sighed contently, nuzzling his face into your hair, taking in your scent.

"How was work?" You asked once you pulled away, gently stroking his right cheek.

Tom smiled and kissed the palm of your hand before saying, "it was alright, been working with a few new artists."

Only just a year ago Tom had made a radical decision regarding his career. It took a lot of thinking, but he decided to let his brother Harry run his company, making him its new CEO. Right after doing it, Tom bought a recording studio so he could work as a full-time music producer rather than just occasionally doing it and, of course, you were there to support him every step of the way. It was a big change, but this was clearly what made him happy so he decided to just go for it.

After trying for a long time, you finally got your dream job as a journalist in Vanity Fair. Tom was insanely proud of you, and clearly your number one supporter. He had every magazine that had an article of yours framed and hung up in his studio.

"I've missed you." You said with a grin. Tom furrowed his eyebrows a bit, but smiled back at you anyway.

"I've only been away for like five hours." He chuckled.

"Can't I miss my husband?" You questioned before placing a kiss to his lips. Tom moaned lowly into it and you pulled away, looking up to meet his gaze. "I love you."

"Mhm, I love you too." He smiled while pressing his forehead against yours. "There's something you're not telling me." He blurt out.

You pulled away to look at his face. "What do you mean?"

Is it really that obvious?

"You have that look in your eyes. You're keeping something away from me." He said matter of factly.

You laughed nervously. "I have no idea what you're talking about, babe."

Tom gave you an amused look with a raised brow that said 'really, (y/n)?'. He then grabbed you by the waist and pulled you down, making you land on your bed. Tom hovered over your body, intertwining his hands with yours and placing them above your head.

"You know I hate secrets." He whispered, his eyes looking intently into yours.

"Sounds weird when you're the most mysterious man I know." You teased with a smirk.

Tom rolled his eyes playfully at you, his thumbs rubbing small circles on your hands.
"You're hiding something."

"Am not."

"Yes, you are." He giggled.

"You know I don't keep things away from you."

"Okay, what about right now? I know you too well, there's something you have to say." He explained and you hated that he was right.

You groaned in annoyance. "Am I really that much of an open book?"

"Not really, but after being together for so long things just get predictable, love." He smiled. "Come on, what's going on?"