Metahuman AU

If you don't know what metahumans (metas) are, they are people who were exposed to dark mater or something along those lines and it altered their DNA to give them unnatural abilities. All metas have quickened healing due to the genetic changes. This is going to have the Voltron characters as metas with cool abilities from the shows!

Metahuman Powers-

Lance Mcclain (19): Shockwave- a speedster with blue lightning

Katie (Pidge) Holt (18): Killerfrost- alter ego that is cold and has ice powers

Hunk Garret (19): Multiplex- able to duplicate his cells and himself multiple times

Keith Kogane (20)& Takashi Shirogane (Shiro)(29): Firestorm- these two people can merge into ones body and ones mind with fire power

Now you know the powers lets get started!

Pidge's POV

"Guys! Guys, guess what!" I shout excitedly, granted is 4:23 but we have to wake up a lot to protect this city at ungodly hours for the rest of them. 

"God Pidge, what is it? Not all of us pull all nighters every other night." Keith complains. Grumbles of agreement rise from the rest of the paladins. 

"I figured out how to trigger Killerfrost!" I chirp "Adrenalin causes her to show up!"

"So if I were to drop some of your tech equipment, you would become her?" Lance asks confused. 

"You wouldn't even make it 10 feet away from my equipment before I slap the living daylights out of you!" I threaten playfully. We have an old warehouse as our base of operations. I have repurposed lots of the mangled machinery into working computers and my parents launched a satellite for us to scan the city for anomalies caused my metas. A feeling of pride fills me as I look around at all of the tech that me and Hunk invented.

"Pidge, thats great, I have some adrenalin shots I can grab for you." Shiro says happily.

"thats great Shiro, but i'm going back to bed" Hunk mutters and immediately starts snoring.

"Thanks Shiro, but we should all go back to sleep, we need to be well rested for the next attack by the Galra." I whisper. He nods and walks back to his couch. I head back to my pile of beanbags and hook up my computer to the satellite. Im going to try to find any trace of the Galra. They are a group of metas that think they were given these powers to rule over the common people its the job of the paladins, to stop them. I run scan after scan, nothing hours go by and nothing. Eventually Lance comes over and watches what i'm working on. Usually he pesters me with thousands of questions but tonight he is silent. Its kind of nice having Lance here when he is not talking my ears of. Suddenly my sensors go crazy, there is a metahuman attack going on near the train station. I shut my computer and run to the medicine cabinet, grab an adrenalin shot. I look at Lance, I not and he whooshes us to the scene. Apparently he has his suit on at all times because when we got there he was no longer wearing his normal attire but his frictionless suit. The moment he puts me down I give myself the adrenalin, I feel my mindset change into a colder, harsher version of myself. My hair goes ice white and my outfit changes into a blue jacket and black jeans. I look around for any sign of the galra, nothing. Blue lightning zips around the station, then comes back.

"There is noting here Frosty." He says with a wink. I swear he has something for Killerfrost, its the most annoying thing.

"Are you sure-" I am cut off my a blow to my gut, I go flying across the platform. I look up and see a man scars up and down his face and a whip. Thats a new one, I stand up and look at the battle. Lance is avoiding the whip for now but he will get tired. I look around, if I stood in front of the pole and when he lashed his whip out I could freeze it, then that leaves his power to be taken care of. leaping in front of the pole, I yell "Hey scarface, over here!" and shoot a round of icicles at his face, they hit their mark but melt instantaneously. He fires his whip at me and I leap up, but the whip catches me in the ankle. Quiznack! 

"DON'T YOU TOUCH HER" Lance shouts and punches this guy. I free myself from the whip and start blasting ice. The moment it touches him it melts.

"Shockwave! He is a fire user, put him out!" I screech as I feel his heat coming closer. I know that if he touches me, Killerfrost will be gone, i'm not sure how long but it will be too long. This guy keeps walking towards me and I start to panic. I've got about 10 seconds before he gets to me.

9 He takes a step and grins

9 I try to blow him back with icy wind

7 He blocks the wind and keeps advancing

6 I begin to search frantically for a way out

5 My back is pinned against the wall 

4 He sees my panic an laughs

3 I press my panic button, hoping to alert the rest of the paladins

2 he reaches his hand out toward me, I revert back to Katie Holt

1 A flash of blue lightning zips me onto a nearby roof. I look up at Lance with astonishment.

"You...you saved me" I whisper, my voice seems to have failed me. I give a slight peck on his cheek. "Thank you" His face goes completely red, I giggle "Now go get that meta!" He whooshes away and back down to the battle. 

The rest of the paladins get there and help capture the meta, they send him off to the meta wing of Ashtomb Hights. Later I think about the battle and Lance and my cheeks start warming, I guess I finally fell for this flirt after all...

Whoa, I did not think that combining metas and Voltron would end up so cool, I hope you liked! Voltron and The Flash are 2 of my favorite TV shows so the combo is a really cool idea. Asta la later!