Chapter 14 *EDITED*

"You still haven't told me what Forever 21 is." I pointed out to Chloe as we sat in the dancers den waiting for the camera crew to finish setting up. They had arrived late so we were running late as well. I've only been here for like a week and already I'm sick of the camera's. I'm actually kind of scared that if a fight happens they will follow me wherever I go. Like even to the toilet. Yikes!

"We'll take you there sometime." Promised Chloe holding back a laugh. "How can you not know what Forever 21 is?"

"Well that place was never in the town that I grew up." I defended myself as she continued to laugh.

"You poor thing! Poor Taylor, never ever been to Forever 21!" She dramatically cried and threw her arms around me, fake sobbing. "Get off." I laughed and playfully shoved her off of me, letting her fall butt first on the ground.

"Hey!" She exclaimed laughing and right after she did Abby walked into the room. "Okay girls, we're all ready to get the pyramid started. So as usual the camera crew will tell you when to enter and Mum's will follow you." Abby announced making all of the girls and the Mum's line up waiting for our turn to enter the studio.

Abby entered the studio and soon after one of the camera crew signalled for us to enter. They had arranged us in a special order. Maddie was at the front and walked out followed by Nia, Brooke, Chloe, me, Mackenzie, Paige and Kendall. The studio looked the same except for the white page type of things on the mirror. There were 5 on the bottom, 2 on the second row and 1 at the very top, the Pyramid. I could already tell where I was going to go.

The butterflies in my stomach started flying around like crazy. Would I be on the bottom? Would I be on the top? The questions started flying around my head like crazy. Then came my self doubt. Why would I be on the top? I mean sure I kind of came first, half first to kind of be exact, but everyone else was really good and I'm new. Maybe Maddie would get it just like how she usually does.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Abby began speaking. "So we went to Ohio, we came 1st in group, 3rd in out duo and placed in the top three in all of our solos. Girls, I don't want to ever have that happen ever again. The group dance was horrible, the duo did not fly well with me and the solos? I saw many mistakes in Nia and Chloe's. Maddie and Taylor yours was very good and I think that you did excellent but Taylor you tied for first. Really? You should be able to beat Cathy's dancer over and over again."

When she was talking to me I could hardly breathe and only gave small nods. Nia, Chloe, Brooke and Paige looked really sad and disappointed in themselves. Maddie, Kendall and Mackenzie look sad about the group dance. Who could blame them? It wasn't too good.

"Okay, girls so on to the pyramid." Abby said lifting up the first sheet of paper on the bottom row to reveal a headshot of Mackenzie. "Mackenzie, you didn't have a solo so not much I could judge you on. In the group you didn't shine."

Next Abby lifted up the next sheet of paper to reveal Kendall. "Kendall your here for the same reason as Mackenzie." In the background I could see Jill, Kendall's mum, scoff and roll her eyes. "Next we have Paige. Paige in your duo you didn't show enough emotion and you didn't show me enough connection between you and Brooke." Paige just nodded and I saw and heard Kelly, Paige's mum, scoff.

"Okay, Brooke your here because you only showed a bit more emotion than Paige. This is unacceptable! The number was called 'Like a sister' and you are sisters for crying out loud. You should have come first!" Abby was nearly yelling before calming herself down and moving onto the last page in the row. She pulled off the sheet that covered the headshot and I saw my face. On the inside I cringed. It was taken back in Australia for one of my dance competitions. I had my hair straightened which made it about twice it normal length. I only had some make up on giving me a nice natural look. There was a white snapback with the word 'Jammin' on it in written in black. I had my signature 'flirty' face on and to be honest my flirty face wasn't that flirty but that's what my old dance teacher told me.

I had a white shirt on and on my wrist, on my right hand, was a black bracelet with studs on it. My arm was raised and my hand was gripping the snapback. You couldn't see it but I was wearing black and white stripped tights. Overall I looked pretty good.

"Taylor, you are here because even though you came half first in your solo, you should be able to beat Cathy's dancer hands down. You are an amazing dancer but can get better and I want to help you get better and become on of the best dancers." I nodded along to what she was saying and was thankful for the compliments. That fact that Abby kept calling Nick, Cathy's dancer was really annoying. He has a name.

"Okay, moving along. Next we have Nia. Nia I think that you did a good job, made some mistakes in your solo but I thought that you made up for it in the group." Abby shrugged not going into further detail before moving on. "Next is Chloe. Chloe I thought that you did a good job in your solo. You let me down in the group but overall it was pretty good but I don't want good. I want great and I need you to give that to me." Chloe just nodded and Christi, her mum, looked fairly pleased.

"Okay so on top of the pyramid we have Maddie." Abby paused while we clapped but it was pretty quiet. "Maddie, you did an amazing job. You came first and you stood out in the group dance. Girls, this is what I want you to strive for." All the girls nodded on cue and I followed them.

"This week, there will only be 3 solos, 1 duo and 1 trio. The group dance will be a lyrical piece and I want the story to be portrayed. The story of the dance is that two girls are feeling alone until a boy comes along. Both of the girls fall in love with the boy but the boys friends try to pull him away from both of them. He falls in love with one of them leaving the other broken hearted. As you can tell we will need a boy for this dance."

Abby walked over to the door and gestured someone in. "You girls know him. Please welcome-"

Abby got cut off as the boy stepped into the studio. "NICK!" The other girls cried running over to him and giving him a group hug, while all of the mums beside mine smiled brightly. The boy-Nick- was pretty good looking. He had short brown hair and quite pale skin. He looked alright but the Nick that I met at the competition looked better. I really need to stop thinking about him.

I slowly and shyly walked over to where the girls were chatting with Nick. He looked over at me and smiled. "Hey, I'm Nick. It's nice to meet you." He said and held out his hand for a handshake which I did do. "Hi, I'm Taylor. It's nice to meet you too." I said quietly. Like I said before, when I meet new people I go pretty much mute.

"Okay, girls and Nick go back to your spots." Abby said making us quickly walk rush back into our spots with Nick standing on the end. "Okay so Nia and Chloe you will be in the duo. It is entitled 'For you' and is about how you two are best friends and would do anything for each other. Mackenzie, Maddie and Paige you will be in the trio. It's entitled 'Come along' and is a dark number about two sisters-Maddie and Mackenzie- who entice Paige to come with them only for her to get killed. I know that it's a dark number but I think that you can pull it off."

As the duo and trio was announced the girls hugged who they would be dancing with. I wasn't sure if Mackenzie could pull off a dance like that. She's a good dancer but I don't even think that I could do it.

"Okay and the solos are going to Brooke, who's dance will be an acrobatic number called 'Have a little fun', Kendall, who's number is a jazz piece called 'Just for tonight' and the last solo is going to." Abby dragged out the word and scanned her eyes over us, scrutinising ever detail until her eyes landed on one person and she pointed at them.

---------

Her outfit is in the external link. You probably don't want to see but yeah. Here it is if you don't want to go there and just like put this in or whatever you want to do. http://www.polyvore.com/headshot_outfit/set?id=132148805
It's also the picture on the side.