1. Dancing

5...6...7...8...
My arms rise up above my head and reach for the ivory-colored ceiling as if it was a 100 dollar bill. The enlivening piano music starts off very faintly but as I move faster, the music intensifies. The piano is now running as fast as a cheetah. I leap and turn throughout the song, feeling the wrath of my strong calves constantly lift me up. My stomach clenches like a fist ready to fight as I start my fouettes. I use the glossy mirrors to spot so my turns stay steady. Then, I finish and take a huge breath. That felt amazing.
"훌륭한, Bailey. Your turns were beautiful," Miss Chanhee says softly as she smiles at me.
"고마워요, Miss Chanhee. Is there anything else I can do to make my dance even better?" I ask, hoping to make a good first impression. I just arrived in South Korea a few days ago and I want to show Miss Chanhee and the Seoul Ballet Academy that I am a force to be reckoned with. On the stage and on the barre.
"Well, we are collaborating with the Busan Ballet for a huge summer ballet production. The prime minister and president of South Korea come to this extravagant event every year. So this piece must be perfect. Not only will you be performing your solo, you will also be performing with a few of the principal soloists from Busan Ballet- including Jeon Jungkook. Do you listen to BTS?"
My sarcastic brain instantly snaps its switch to on- Gee, no, I don't know who Jeon Jungkook is. Must be some random Korean guy.

I know who Jeon Jungkook is, aka Jungkook or Kookie. He's a hella talented, really fucking good-looking man that was blessed on planet Earth. His voice flawless and he has a beautiful face. And his abs are gorgeous. Like fuck yessss he's goals.

And at that moment, I realized- I'm going to dance with one of my favorite Kpop idols. Holy shit. I've been listening to BTS since they first debuted- June 12, 2013. I was only 15 and now I'm almost 21. Where does time go?
Then Miss Chanhee forcefully taps my shoulder. I must have zoned out into my fantasy world of being with my ultimate bias, Jungkook.
"Oh! Uh...미안해요," I said, coming back to the real world.
"You like Jungkook, I see? Well he will be an excellent dance partner. Just keep practicing, and maybe you can do a duet with him. He is fantastic at ballet," Miss Chanhee says as claps her hands together.

I wonder how great Jungkook really is at ballet. I know he has so many talents, but I have never seen any videos of him doing ballet. I know Jimin is an outstanding ballet dancer though, so if Jungkook's not great, then hopefully I can dance with Jimin.

I continue running through my solo for the next few hours until it is perfect. My legs cry out for rest and my mouth is as dry as the Sahara Desert. My arms ache as if they are ready to fall off. I grab my bag and leave the studio, feeling ready to walk back to my apartment for a good night's sleep.