15. Two Hurting Hearts

Jungkook walks in my hospital room with his head hanging low. His cheeks are tear-stained and his voice is shaky. I try my best not to start bawling my eyes out in front of him, I have to show that I am strong. The cancer is only making me weaker though.
"Leukemia...I never thought the bruises on your arms and legs could be so deadly. I never thought that you vomiting, losing weight, and having nosebleeds could mean only 7 months left to live. I never thought...*sniff* my girl could have...*sob* leukemia." Jungkook squeezes my hand tightly and wraps his arms around me. He cries onto my shoulder for what seems like hours.
Just don't do it, Bailey. Don't cry in front of Jungkook. You'll embarrass yourself.
At one point, I just let it all out. I can't take the pain of watching Jungkook cry any longer. I bury my face into his chest and clench to him like he is my life preserver. After all, he is now.
"We're gonna get through this, Bailey. No matter how hard it may be. We're gonna fight," Jungkook lets out a big sigh.
"What if I can't though? What if my body just gives out and can't do it anymore, even before I die? Then what's the point of living?!!!" I scream, falling back into my bed.
"You have a purpose, Bailey. You're strong. You're brave. You can conquer any obstacle that comes in your way. Just promise me that you'll try," Jungkook pleads with me, with a spark of determination in his eyes.
"Jungkook...you know this is going to get ugly though. You know my hair is going to fall out, you know I'll be pale and resembling a skeleton. Now I'm nothing. I'll just be known as the sickly girl, ready to die."
"I don't care if your hair falls out. You're not a skeleton, either. And don't ever say that you're the sickly girl who's ready to die. You're so much more than that, Bailey. You mean everything to me. Just please, stay with me. Don't leave me," Jungkook cries harder.
"I'll never leave you, Jungkook. I love you so much."
"I love you too. By the way, can I spend the night? Baekhyun and Xiumin said that since I'm a special visitor, I can stay with you for as long as you would like." Jungkook says as he tries to smile.
"Sure. That would make me feel so happy. Thank you, Jungkook."
"Anything for you, my dear. It's getting late though, should we go to bed yet?"
"No. Let's stay up all night and watch movies. And room service- I can call the hospital cafeteria for some free ice cream and popcorn! That's called living life to the fullest," I laugh and high five Jungkook.

We ended up watching some cheesy movie about a tornado of sharks- it was really bad but actually pretty fucking hilarious. Then we snuggled up besides each other and eventually fell asleep.