chapter 5

Dean yawned, trying to curl closer to the body he rested next to, the stomach his arm was slung over, the neck his face was pressed against, the leg his own was twined with. He nuzzled deeper into Castiel's neck, a long sigh escaping. A soft sound came from above him. Stubble caught on his hair, tugging it lightly as it moved away, and Dean smiled lazily when a chin gently pressed to the top of his head.

"Comfortable?" Cas mumbled groggily into his hair, and Dean let out a small groan that told Cas that he definitely was. "Good. You've been working damn hard this week."

Dean smiled more. He'd spent a lot of overtime at the auto shop, working on double the amount of cars in an effort to get done before winter rolled around and they had to work in the cold. "I'm sorry for falling asleep on you last night," he mumbled, kissing Castiel's shoulder.

He was still upset with himself. They had been kissing lazily, watching a movie on the bed in Dean's bedroom, when Dean had had to pull away from the kisses to yawn. They'd laughed about it for a second before Castiel made him go to sleep.

"I apologize for my comfortableness," Cas replied and Dean pulled away slightly, shaking his head. "No?"

"Definitely not. I love that most about you." Dean kissed him gently. Wanting to bring it out of Castiel, Dean had told Cas he loved him and what he loved as much as he possibly could. It had been three months since he first said it, and Cas still hadn't replied with the words as well. He often said "I know," or changed the topic.

They pulled apart slightly, Dean still wrapped around his body. He licked his lips, savoring the taste of Cas on them. "I love you."

"I love you too," was the response, but Dean didn't register it at first. He sighed, swallowing and pursing his lips. As he nuzzled deeper into Cas's neck, he realized what was said and pulled away with a gasp, heart racing, eyes wide and searching Castiel's blue ones that crinkled at the corners with a grin. "I love you too, Dean."

"I love you," Dean whispered, testing it to be sure hs wasn't dreaming. He felt Cas pinch his nose and made a face.

"I love you too."

"What was that pinch for?"

"You looked like you thought you were dreaming."

"I did think I was dreaming-" Dean whispered again, choking up slightly. "I love you, Cas."

"I love you too, Dean," Cas sighed, leaning in closer to him and pressing their lips together. "Are you going to make me say it a million times? I've already said it near as much in my mind..."

Dean laughed and kissed Castiel roughly, crawling over so he straddled his waist.

$$$$

Castiel sighed, chewing his lip as he looked around Dean's office. After he smiled his thanks to Kevin and asked him to please not tell Dean he was there, he sat down hesitantly in Dean's office chair, leaning back slightly. He smiled. Dean's office was just as messy as he thought it would be, meaning it was barely messy at all. The worst was the few papers scattered on the top of the desk, beside the laptop. He picked one up and realized it was a receipt, then glanced at the one beneath it, smiling when he read over Dean's scrawling handwriting. His eyes rested on the filing cabinet behind him, by the window, and he turned the chair around to look at the red writing on the magnetic whiteboard.

The door opened and Cas heard Dean walk in, babbling on his cell phone with Sam, from the way Dean was talking and laughing. Castiel turned around in the chair slowly, coughing out a hysterical laugh when Dean yelped and dropped the phone. "God dammit, Cas!" Dean breathed, hand in his hair. Castiel could hear Sam laughing through the speaker on the phone, which was now laying on the floor. "Son of a bitch! You just fucking Godfather'd me!"