26 - Jasmine

I was looking out the car window watching the houses pass by in the familiar neighborhood while trying to tune out Coles rambling about how we need to behave and a long list of rules. Even if he was threatening us I have to say it's a really cute threat considering he's nervous because a girl is coming over. The pastel-colored two-story houses placed in a row up a long street and looked as neat and cute as normal. I hadn't been here for a long while but I felt excitement bubble inside me.

"-And don't you dare mention that time in sixth grade" Cole continued with a threatening edge to his voice but I could hear the nervousness breaking through as clear as a day. It was as if he didn't even hide how much he fancied Jasmine and now just tried to protect himself from the possible embarrassment we could make him go through.

I loved to have the upper hand for a change.

"Mason. Why are we going to Amy's house?" I asked Mason. He looked over his shoulder and smiled like a little child. He looked way too excited to meet his girlfriend.

But I guess you would miss your girl after two weeks of being away from her. I wouldn't know because I've never had a boyfriend and never experienced that kind of bond you have with another person on such an emotional level. I know what it feels to be away from my mom but that's a different kind of love.

"Because she's sleeping at ours tonight" A smile kept on my face. I love Amy! She's so sweet to me and always tell Mason to lay off if he tries to do something to me. The worst thing about her is not her but her brother. Kevin is at Noah's age at eighteen and is annoying and loves to bug me every chance he gets. Thankfully I don't see him that often but mostly when he's over at our house because he and Noah are friends. And thank the gods that he doesn't have any dance or singing skills and doesn't go to our school.

"Does dad know?" Noah asked.

Mason seemed to think about it for a second but shrugged "Don't think so be he doesn't care. Plus he loves her too much" That's true. Dad has taken a liking to Amy and is always asking when he's going to be a grandpa.

"But wait, we don't have any more seats" I observed and by everyone's amusing smiles I already knew the solution to the problem.

"No no no. I'm not. Do you know how uncomfortable that is?! NO, Because it's always me that sits on someone's lap"

"Marble. You're the smallest. So naturally, it's the easiest" Mason said as he was parking in Amy's driveway, not even sparing me a glance. This conversation has been brought up more than once and guess who never wins? Me.

Parking in front of one of the pastel blue houses Mason parked and was the first one out of the car.

"And the least humiliating for one of us" Cole added.

"Can't Luke sit in someone's lap" I objected. Sitting in one of their laps is like sitting on the uneven stone because believe me, their thighs are as hard as bricks.

"I promise, the persons lap I'm sitting on, I'm going to fart even if I have to squeeze one out if I have to," Luke said.

"See. No one wants fart-squeezing-Luke in their lap" Noah said with an amused smile. I crossed my arms over my chest again. Sometimes there is no point in even arguing.

"Fine" I huffed.

I undid my seatbelt and got out of the car while the other chose to be seated in the car. Mason knocked on the door and soon it was opened by none other than Kevin himself. As he opened he didn't even look up from his phone and had a pair of headphones on and bobbing his head to the beat. I raised my brow at his ignorance. What if there was a stranger at the door and this is what you're greeted with.