To Kill, or not to Kill?

You hate the cold. You hate it so much. But this is what The Court does to Talons who have no use, they freeze them. And it hurts you. You are aware the whole time. The silence is defeaning. You feel deaddeaddead. You'd feel like you're going insane, but you think you already are.

-----

The Court is not aware that you feel things, or at least you think so. You certainly feel blank on most days, on some you feel cold. You think you are good at faking, but not good enough.

Never enough.

But it doesn't change the fact that you feel things, to a certain extent. It makes you wonder if other Talons are like you. Do they have thoughts of their own, things that they feel on their own? If not, why are you the only one? What made you different?

-----

The Court always made you train. Most of the time, it was to kill people. Other times, it was to fight against other Talons. Most of the time, you win and others lost and you killed them but you can't seem to regret it, why can't you regret it?

There was this Talon though, that you could not beat at all. This Talon was male, older than you are, and would almost always knock you out and maim you a bit, but never actually kill you. It was almost as if he cared for you, or at least had a soft spot for you. But that was impossible. Talons weren't supposed to do that. But he does, and everytime you're beaten, you are sent back to the thing.

-----

When you opened your eyes, you saw them take you to that room. You hated it, or at least hated it as much as you could. It's where you were Ordered to kill.

Most of your missions were relatively easy. Assassinate this, kill that. All of those, you've done. But it always made you feel more and more... odd, and it would always make you reckless and disorganized. You didn't like that about you, since it makes you messy. And feel this one thing you really can't name.

"You are to kill a man. A man who has influence in all of Gotham, both the public and the underworld. Bruce Wayne, Batman." One of the courtmasters said. You couldn't really discern what they look like but they're only wearing masks so you could clearly see their bodies. Despite that they look defenceless, they are actually capable of hurting Talons. Like that one Talon that tried to kill them.

You just reply, "Yes, Grandmaster."

----

(A/N: so i updated these 2 chapters... well, theres a reason for that. this story will be on hiatus. its been so busy in my life and i somewhat lost inspiration for this. sorry)