Chapter Six

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

Lisa received a phone call

Lisa received a phone call. It took her three long days to gather her courage and seek out the address that her connection gave her, but here she was, standing on Jennie's doorstep.

There were no words to describe the turmoil inside Lisa when she heard her connection saying yes, Jennie Kim was here, that she had been so close to her for God knew how long. It was a mixture that had surprised Lisa as much as the news itself, which had nearly torn her apart for the nights to come.

But Lisa had survived this, survived everything just to see Jennie again. From what Lisa had heard, Jennie was not married, nor she was living with another person. Lisa's connection had asked whether to dig deeper in Jennie's life, but that was all she needed to know – that the brunette was alone, that the possibility for her to apologize was still standing.

Lisa steeled herself with a deep breath before she knocked, head down, forearms resting on either side of the doorway. The blonde didn't know what to expect, so she resumed at clearing her mind and hoping for the best.

Heels clicked on the floor on the other side of the door, and Lisa's heart started beating faster.

Then the door opened, and it stopped beating altogether. Lisa's breath was caught on her throat, and every cell on her body stopped functioning.

Jennie was even more beautiful than the blonde remembered. Jennie was dressed simply, in a pair of washed blue pants and fitted The Beatles white shirt that was neatly tucked in, with white branded flops on her feet. Her skin was radiantly flawless, with only a hint of sun-kissed color, and she was wearing a makeup – enough to bring out her the impeccably feline resembling eyes and to add a red tint on her full lips. Her khaki hair was tied in a messy bun – baby hairs somewhat cutely presenting – as she wear a certain specs on her eyes.

Jennie had frozen at the sight of Lisa. The brunette's eyes were wide – wide with shock, with confusion, and to Lisa's surprise, fright – and if Jennie was breathing, Lisa couldn't really tell.