Toddler//Clara

"We've got to." I said, sipping my coffee as Clara rested her head against the table in despair.

"Thats where you're wrong Y/N, we dont, its simple, we just never tell him." Clara said, looking up with a smile.

"Ah yes, we never tell him and our best friend lives a very happy life full of lies!" I said rolling my eyes "Clara, I love you, he loves you...platonically I assume... we all love you, he'll be happy for us!" I said, putting down my coffee and brushing the hair out of her face.

"How are you so calm about this?" Clara asked, a tired smile on her face.

"You forget, I've known him longer then you have, he's totally okay with couples on the tardis." I said standing up and walking over to her, taking her hands in mine as she stared at me intently.

"He wasn't fine with Danny." She said, biting her lip.

"But I'm not Danny." I said calmly.

Clara smiled, bending her head down and resting it against my shoulder "God I love you." She mumbled softly.

"Thats good to hear." I laughed pulling her into a hug.

"Is this what you guys do now, when I'm not around, you...hug?" A familiar Scottish accent filled our ears, breaking the moment.

I pulled away, standing up to face the doctor "What have I told you about knocking?"

The doctor smiled, walking past me and to the cookie jar "I know whats going on, you can't keep secrets from me you know." He chuckled as he opened the cookie jar.

Clara stood up "Wait, really? And... you're okay with it?"

The doctor laughed "okay with it? Why wouldnt I be okay with it?"

"I dont know... its just, I thought you might think things would change." Clara explained.

"Change? Oh Clara, I'm honoured if I'm going to be honest." He said as he looked through the cookie jar for his favourites.

"Honoured?" I asked, raising an eyebrow "Doctor, what do you thinks going on here?"

"Well," he said, biting into a cookie as he stood up "You're planning a a party of course, my party, my birthday party."

Clara closed her eyes in frustration "We don't even know when your birthday is you spork!"

"Did you seriously just call me a spork?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, thats what you are, a spork, an idiot a complete idiot!" Clara said, her voice rising.

"Clara, calm down." I said, taking her hand.

"You're not dying are you? All this hugging, all this whispering? Please say neither of you are dying." The doctor said, his tone half serious half confused.

"No ones dying you twat!" Clara said, I felt her hand tighten around mine.

"Then...what?" He said, his eyes scanning us both in concern "You're... you're not leaving me? Are you?"

"Shut up. Not us, not ever." I said firmly, I couldn't imagine that, becoming another in a long line of people that'd just left him.

"We...we're..." Clara said, struggling to find the words.

"Spit it out!" The doctor said, impatient now.

"WE'RE DATING!" Clara shouted, her eyes widening "Shit sorry, that came out louder than I thought it would."

The next few minutes passed, silence.

The doctors face seemed to be on pause, no one wanting to speak first.

"Oh." He said after a while.

"Oh? That's all you're giving us?" I asked.

"What do you want me to say?" He asked, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"That you're okay with it, that you know things wont change?" Clara said angrily.

"Of course I'm okay with it! Is that what you were afraid of? That I wouldn't approve or something?" He laughed.

"Things wont change." I said firmly.

"I doubt that. Of course they'll change, but thats not a bad thing."

"You're still my best friend." Clara said, letting go of my hand and giving the doctor a hug.

"I'd say he's more of a toddler, I mean, how did you not know?" I laughed.

"Its not like I didnt know, I had my hopes." He said as he pulled himself from Claras grasp awkwardly.

"Come on, you had no idea did you? See? total toddler."

"Yeah, our toddler."