Prologue

'Brrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnng'

'Ugh, what is that awful noise.' I grumbled as I reluctantly opened my eyes. The light from the window penetrated through the curtains, making the room brighter. I squinted as I struggled to get up and rub my eyes. So it was already morning . . . 'Gah! No why is it morning?! I wanna sleep~'

I was really annoyed and angry due to the lack of sleep. I slammed my alarm with more force than necessary and almost broke it. Luckily, I didn't or else I would have regretted it later. It was the weekends, so why did I have to wake up? Easy, I had work.

"Rei, stop making so much noise this early in the morning!" My annoying little sister yelled from the bed above to mine. This apartment was small, so Rina and I had to share the same room. It was more often an inconvenience than not. Like now . . .

"Shut up! You don't have to work today! I feel like a zombie." I yelled back.

"If you weren't staying up late and playing games all night, you might have felt better." She retorted.

'Who's fault do you think it is?!' I grumbled my complaints, but decided not to waste my time arguing with her. I needed to get to work on time today.

'Goodbye my beloved' I thought as I parted from my bed, my heaven, my sweetheart, my- okay I'll stop now. I brushed away the dramatics and headed to the bathroom.

I hastily brushed, showered, and got dressed before I was ready for work. I worked at a place called Floral Wonders, near M.S. Terr St. My boss is as strict as hell. He doesn't tolerate anyone being late. He literally comes to the shop 3 hours before it opens and does  . . . whatever he does. If any one of us is late, even by a minute, we get our salary for the whole day deducted. He is what I call the personification of a demon.

He seems to hate me more than the other employees though. It was probably because I was late at least 5 times . . . in a row. . . But that wasn't my fault! My sister kept pestering me to play RPGs with her and I lost a lot of sleep thanks to her. It was also thanks to her I got a whole 3 hour lecture on being punctual by the boss and lost five days worth of salary, with the bitter side dish of the demon boss' glares. I also nearly got fired, but thankfully the shop is short-handed at the moment, so the boss decided not to get rid of me . . . yet.

As these unpleasant thoughts swirled in my mind, I put on my shoes and was about to walk out the door.

"Rei, I want pudding!" Rina said as she suddenly strode over to me, with a stern expression upon her face.

" I'm getting late for work right now." I said, ignoring her demand to get pudding.

"Please promise to bring me pudding," Rina looked at me with the puppy eye look I just could't say no to.

"Fine, I'll get you some pudding when I return home," I said, resigned. I could never win aginst her, being the sis con I am. I wish I didn't spoil her so much when we were younger.

"Yay! Thanks Rei !" She said. She smiled brightly.

I smiled a little, too. Damn, when she smiled like that I could never stay angry or sad for long. Her happiness was really contagious. I wasn't the only one who thought so.

" Isn't it a younger sibling's job to act spoiled and annoy the older sibling?" I teased.

"Hmph and I even asked you so nicely! You're so mean big brother!" Rina said, a little flustered before she ran back into her room.

'Cute' I thought.

Rina rarely called me big brother anymore. I smiled softly at her cuteness before realizing I was getting late. I rushed out the door and jogged towards the bus station. I pulled out my phone and searched for places to eat near Floral Wonders.

Red String Of Fate System (Dropped)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें