Chapter 2: Nina

Author's Note: Firstly I must thank the Fire Emblem Fates Amino for featuring the last chapter. It genuinely means a lot to me seeing people like my work and it's one of the main reasons I got started on this chapter right away, so thank you! My plans for the 3rd chapter was originally planned for this one but for a couple different reasons I need a filler chapter so why not introduce Nina? She's going to be a major character later and I didn't have a plan how to introduce her so why not?

This chapter has strong language and gets pretty deep and dark. Sexual references are made from a certain character so keep that in mind. Nothing sexual actually happens. But seriously this isn't as light hearted as the last one. Future chapters won't be as deep usually but chapters like this are necessary especially for characters like Nina.

So in other words. This chapter is way too serious for people who don't like heavy hearted things. You can feel free to skip the chapter if you don't like that but things may get confusing.

_________________________________________________________________

Dwyer's first day wasn't as bad as he originally thought it would be. He met a few more people that could be potential friends in the future. Now he's finally arrived at his home.

"See you later Dwyer!" Sophie waves.

After Dwyer bids his friend goodbye he opens the front door to his home.

"Hello, Dwyer"

After opening the door he sees his father sitting in a sofa chair placed right in front of the front door, drinking tea.

"Why'd you move the chair to right in front of the front door?"

"Dwyer, would you please look behind me?" Jakob says pointing behind him towards the kitchen.

Dwyer looks and sees a pile of dishes on the counter.

"I see dishes"

"Yes, you do. Now what did I tell you to do this morning?"

"I don't remember but I'm assuming you told me to put away the dishes"

"YES, I TOLD YOU TO PUT AWAY THE DISHES!" He shouted.

"How was your day anyway?"

"We got out early"

"Wait, then why are you home so late?"

"Sophie got distracted"

"For 4 hours?"

"Yes"

Dwyer didn't want to admit that he fell asleep in front of a convenient store while Sophie was getting snacks. He also didn't want to admit that Sophie fell in a ditch and Dwyer fell asleep while going to get help.

"Just go to your room, Dwyer"

"Fine"

Dwyer goes upstairs and sits in his bed.

"ALSO, YOU ARE WEARING SOMETHING AT LEAST DECENT TOMORROW!" Jakob yells from downstairs.

"Ugh"

Nina's POV

"I don't even want to go home to my stupid dad" Nina says talking to herself

Nina is walking home from school and sees Dwyer in the window of a house.

"Wait is that Dwyer!?" Nina questions to herself sort of frantically. "Wait that is him! Is this his house?!"

Nina is talking out loud in the middle of a neighborhood extremely frantically. She spots a ladder on the side of his house and for some reason in her mind she thought it would be a good idea to climb the ladder and see what Dwyer is doing through his window.