Chapter 20: Boardwalk

Everything I have to say is at the end
__________________________________________________
Dwyer's long walk to the boardwalk has finally ended. To his surprise he got there just in time. He's never been here before. It's a large "O" shape with a body of water in the middle. The circle is filled up with shops, carnival stands and restaurants. The entrance to a theme park is on the complete other side.

"Hey!"

Dwyer heard the overly enthusiastic voice that he recognizes so well.

"How are you?" She says with a bright smile on her face, so wide that it's irritating.

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Everyday's a good day if you wake up!"

"I hate waking up"

"That's not exactly what I meant" Her smile is still as bright as ever. It's almost as no matter what she's baring a smile.
"Wanna walk around?"

"Sure"

The walking lasted about 3 seconds as Soleil spotted something that peaked her interest.

"Look! Dwyer! A bottle hitting game!"

"Aren't those usually rigged?"

"Be positive! Not everything in the world is gloomy!"

"Not everything in the world is sunshine and rainbows either"

"But when you look on the bright side of things, life isn't so bad" She attempts to explain. "If you never caught me dancing, we would never be here now!"

"Why did you invite me out anyway?"

"We're friends aren't we? Plus, you agreed to help me dance!"

"Even so-"

"Come on! Turn that frown upside down. Know what you have then? A smile! That's what my father taught me. If you can't smile? Stand on your head! That'll turn your frown upside down!"

"Standing on my head seems painful...and tiring. I'm guessing your father is the one who taught you all of this?"

"Pretty much"

"Anyway, this seems like a waste of money"

"Don't worry! I pre paid for all the reservations"

"Reservations?"

"Mhm!" The clumsy dancer nods. "I got us a reservation at a restaurant and got us tickets to the amusement park!"

"You really went all out..."

"This is all to thank you! Speaking of, I also bought us a night at a hotel"

"Wait, what!"

"I'm kidding! Geez, you're so easy to trick"

"It's because sometimes, you're not joking"

"Anyway, let us at least attempt to win. It can't hurt to try right?"

"I suppose"

She walked over to the stand and greeted the familiar man running it. The shady looking man had glasses and a blue straw hat. After Soleil paid for a few balls to throw she started throwing them. She couldn't hit one. So she tried again. Try after try and Soleil is yet to win a prize.

"One more!"

"You've said that seventeen times so far"

"This one for sure!"

"If you didn't get it the last 20 times, you're not going to-"

"Watch and learn, Dwyer!"

So engulfed in proving Dwyer wrong, Soleil threw the ball immediately as she turned around, hitting a support beam on the tent, causing it to collapse on its attendant and the ball throwing game.