Chapter 22: Humans Are Weird

It's been a while. Sorry for the wait. More notes at the end

Also; can we just pretend Chapter 9 never happened.
____________________________________

September's coming to a close. No more hanging out in the heat. Not that Dwyer cared to do that.

Walking to school was nothing special. It was just Sophie complaining about her horse. Walking into Izana's class, it was a surprise that he's actually going to do something today.

"AGHHHHHH!" Izana suddenly screams.
"I've had a premonition! A premonition that we're going on a field trip in a few days!"

'Seemed unnecessary to scream' Dwyer thinks to himself.

"September is almost over and the cool has started setting in but that doesn't mean we still can't PARTY!"

"What do you think it'll be?" Soleil leans up and whispers in his ear.

"Inside I hope" The lazy butler replies back.

"We're going camping!"

The entire class (with the exception of a few) groaned.  Camping isn't Dwyer's thing unless it's in his bed.

"I need to give you a grade so we're going out in the wild! I'm sending home permission slips and you better get it signed!" Izana playfully says. "Izana OUT!" Izana runs out of the classroom.

"What do you think of this?" Nina approaches Dwyer at his desk.

"It's going to be greeeat" Dwyer speaks sarcastically doing an arm swinging motion.

"So I guess you're not into this? Yeah can't say I am either"

"We're in the same boat then-"

"But! Boys sleeping together in tents. Boys alone on hiking trips. Ah! My mind can't stop flowing!"

Dwyer rolled his eyes. "Well, see you later I guess" Dwyer leaves the classroom and is instantly approached by Velouria.

"Hey, want to sleep together?"

"I think you need to work on the terminology on that a bit" Dwyer tells the Wolf girl who's uncomfortably close to him. "Sure, whatever. Couldn't hurt anything but my sleep schedule"

The pair make their way to their to the tree that they last hung out by and lied down next to it.

"Ooh. I brought cookies this time!" Velouria seemed excited when she said that. Well, as excited as Velouria can be. Velouria hands the box of cookies to Dwyer as he takes one out.

"Ah, thanks. You bought these I assume?" Dwyer asks as he takes a bite out of the cookie.

"No. I got them out of the trash"

Dwyer instantly spits them back in the box. "Yeah they're good. But you can have the rest"

"Wow, Dwyer. You're so nice"

"Mhm"

"Let's sleep for now" Velouria says resting her head on Dwyer's shoulder. Dwyer, not even reacting to her sets a timer for a few minutes before the period ends so he wakes up on time. With that, he falls asleep.

*FLASH*

Dwyer's eyes jolt open from a flash of light right in front of him. His vision, still blurry he sees a figure in front of him. As his vision focuses he sees Soleil.

"Soleil?"

"Sorry, did I wake you? That was just too cute to not take a picture of!"

He realizes that Velouria is still resting her head on his shoulder.

"Sorry...what?" Dwyer was still delirious from just being woken up.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Dwyer. And an incredibly cute one at that!"

"We're just friends" Dwyer says in his usual monotonous voice.

"Mmm...I love you daddy..." Velouria mutters in her sleep.

"Ignore that" Dwyer scrambled as he heard that.

"Aw...are you guys really not dating?" Soleil clearly disappointed asks.

"We're not"

"Not...yet!"

Dwyer sighs. "Is there something you wanted Soleil?"

"Huh? Oh, no. I just thought you two look super cute together. You should date"

Dwyer shoots her a menacing glare.  Velouria starts to gain consciousness and rubs her eyes.

"Huh? Who're you?" Velouria mutters towards Soleil as she's waking up.

"Oh, I'm Soleil! Who're you?"

Velouria didn't say anything. Just glaring at Soleil with an annoyed look, holding onto Dwyer.

"Er..." Soleil is at a loss of words. "You're a Wolfskin, right? I don't see many around here"

Silence.

"Erm...I'll be going then. See you later!" The pink-haired girl escapes from the awkward situation.

"The nuisance is gone. But I sense awkwardness in the air"

"Yeah I wonder where" Dwyer rolls his eyes. "Can you-uh...let go of me please?"

"Oh. I didn't realize I was still holding on to you" Velouria lets go. "Humans are weird"

"What makes you say that?"

"I dunno. They're just weird"

"Heh. Yeah I guess they are"

"What's weirder is that you're not like any other human, Dwyer"

"Um...should I take that as a compliment?"

"Yes. I enjoy your presence unlike anyone else"

"Oh. Well you're not just "anyone" to me either"

"Oh! Like you said before"

"Yes. I'd consider you a good friend"

"Friend?"

"Um...yeah. Is there something wrong with that?"

"No. I'm just not used to the term. Us Wolfskin have packs and that's about it. I've never had a friend before"

"You push a lot of people away"

"I guess" Velouria admits. "But I didn't really need anyone but my daddy"

"You really love your father, huh?"

"Indeed. Daddy is the greatest. Wouldn't you say the same for your daddy?"

"My father just pushes is overly large expectations on me. I'm already naturally better than him at everything but I just don't bother to put the effort in"

"Sounds like you. But I'm sure your daddy loves you"

"Nah. I'm pretty sure he wishes he had a different son. I'm not going to change though"

"Good. Don't. Humans are weird"

"I guess they are"

____________________________

It's been a while hasn't it? I've accepted that I'm just going update this when I can and when I feel like it. I'm not going to stress over it or anything. I'm going to take my time. Sorry.

I really enjoy writing Dwyer and Velouria so I decided to make this chapter based around them.

Anyone in particular you want to be featured next chapter? The chapter after that will be, as Izana said, a camping trip. I'll try to get that out for you.

Feedback is always appreciated.