Chapter 1

Graduation Day

"Yes! We're graduating! Oh Cherry, could you just imagine, we're gonna be in high school, having great memories with new friends, no screwed people, having good grades again apparently, and this time, there are hot guys out there."

That's my best friend Kaye. She's that talkative whenever I'm around. We've been best friends ever since we were babies. Our moms told us that they too were best friends and wanted to keep their relationship more of forever. So they made our birthdays the same, our clothes the same, and our nickname "Chaye" to be the same. It's pronounced as Shay but the spelling's more on our names.

"And the valedictorian or should I say, valedictorians, of batch 2013-2014 is..Cherry Blue and Kaye Philipps! Congrats gals!" Our teacher Ma'am Marvina announced as our adviser Sir Ram brought us to the stage for the handing of the awards and diplomas.

"I'm so proud of you both. I hope you gals won't forget me. Especially you Cherry. You're the most kind-hearted, talented, and cheery student who ever stepped-foot in my class. Guess that's why your mom named you Cherry, cuz you're so sweet. I hope you'll do good there at UK High. Don't forget us here. If you have problems, don't hesitate to call us." Our adviser said as he was teary-eyed.

"Aww sir, you're so sweet. Alright." Kaye and I held hand in hand and raised them up in the air. Wild shouts and roaring claps sounded the whole auditorium. It was now time for our Valedictorians' Speech.

"Fr. Clement, of the Society of Jesus, Fr. Simon, of the Society of Jesus, Mrs. Fridget, Mr. Morton, teachers, colleagues, fellow Josephinians, good morning. Wait Cherry, before we start talking about our lives, I need to make a statement, I never knew you were transferring.." Gasps and shocked faces were all I can see around me.

"Well, what can I say, surprise! Hehe. So, yeah. Let's get down to business." When I became cheery, everyone still refuses to smile.

"We all know that life is a series of ups and downs, so even if I'm not around, stay happy because there are new people that would come to your life that would make things better than me. So I give the microphone to my best friend Kaye. Kaye?" I handed the microphone to Kaye and she just started to sob uncontrollably. Everyone just awed at us because of our sincere friendship.

"All I want to say, is that you take care of yourself when I'm gone. I know I can be mad at times, but I'm doing this for your own good. I know, I can be protective, it's because I promised your mom to watch over you. Whenever we had walks, talks, or even fights, I should be there. I'm like your pal, your partner, wingman. I won't ever change my mind when it comes to you. You're the very best friend I've ever had. Don't lose it, cuz I won't lose my own best friend too." Everyone awed again and Kaye's sobbing went into bad to worse.

"Well let's get to our speech shall we?" Then we continued our speech up to the end of graduation.