Chapter 3

Every Heartache You Take

We went to the airport at 12 in the morning to be ready for the flight at 1 sharp.

"Well Chaye, this is the end. I'll miss you." Kaye dropped a tear but then I faintly caught it using my favorite hanky.

"You know what, maybe I should give my handkerchief to you now." I gladly passed it to her.

"No I can't Chaye. It's your favorite." Kaye passed it back, with gloomy eyes.

"Well, I wanna give it to you anyways, so you could remember how many tears I've caught so you won't cry anymore. Remember those times?" I'd asked her that question one last time.

"Yes." She bursted out in tears. It really is sad to see someone you love cry, all I know is, it is really sincere if a person cries for you at the airport.

Knowing that fact, I wiped every tear I've spotted on her wet cheeks. And used it to wipe mine too.

"I want you to keep it. Always remember that wherever we are, I'm always right beside you. Never fear because I'll always watch you, well, at least I'll pray to God to watch you over. I love you Chaye. Always remember that, ALWAYS.." I hugged Kaye tightly, unlike any other hugs I've done. This one's different.

"I love you too." She did the same and cuddled her face in between my neck, cried softly, and breathed heavily, sending me soft tingles.

"Flight AM0502 now on boarding. To all remaining passengers, please proceed to the boarding area now. Thank you." The flight attendant announced on the microphone.

"This means goodbye?" Kaye asked.

"Well, not for long. Akward best friend handshake?" She said.

"Akward best friend handshake!" We did our handshake just before I walked in.

I walked forward, and never turned back because it might kill me instantly. So I abruptly said to myself, "Every heartache you take, every breath you make, she will feel the same, and she won't change."