Chapter 2

The Last Happiness

2 weeks had passed since graduation. All those days were celebrated with movies and popcorn and long talks and long walks, but a problem arises.

A day before the big flight, the Blues suggested to have a Farewell Party for Cherry and Kaye to remember for the rest of their life.

Cherry's POV

"Hey Kaye, what if forever wasn't meant for the both of us?" I looked at Kaye seriously.

"Well, wouldn't we wanna talk about it ehh? So, yeah." She took a can of Coke and opened it while I took care of the movie.

"Well of course we should. Tomorrow's the big day." I turned around and saw Kaye bending her head down.

"Aww Chaye, please. Come on.." I hugged Kaye tightly and then she bursted out in tears.

"Of course I will miss you. Please don't cry.." I rubbed her back a couple of times to ease her crying but it seems it won't work.

"If you cry we can't watch the movie like we used to." She tried to act if she was okay but I can still see the pain in her eyes. I played the movie Meet The Robinsons because it's our favorite.

*watching the movie

*end of the movie

"Wow I really need to keep moving forward. And so are you Chaye. Even if I'm not here anymore, you still need to keep moving forward. That's the way it has to be. I'm gonna miss you Kaye." I cried in the middle of my sentence.

"You too love. I'll really miss you." She cried too with much more hurt now.

I dried off her tears and then she just hugged me all of the sudden.

"I know where we can find our last happiness." I whispered to her ear softly.

"Where?!" Her voice sounded with glee.

"I'll take you there. Just hold my hand." I grabbed a large bag and stuffed it with two pillows, two warm blankets, and one, wide bed sheet. Then I took her outside the house and went to our treehouse. We built that treehouse when we were little kids with the help of our fathers.

"Why here?" Kaye asked.

"Remember when we were little kids, we used to dream about what does lie outside Earth?" Kaye nodded. "Well I want to let you see what's it."

"Of course, I know what lies out there. It's a sky full of stars!" Kaye rolled her eyes.

"No, it's not. You'll find true happiness." I laughed while dragging her outside, showing all the beautiful, shimmering stars up above.

We stared long and hard at those glimmering objects.

"You're right. I've found my true happiness. And that's you." Kaye pointed a finger at me.

I was really touched so we cuddled under the starry sky.

"Good night Chaye." Kaye kissed me on the forehead.

"You too love." I returned the favor.

"Tomorrow's gonna be a new day." Kaye added, yawning.

"Yeah! Our last happiness lies here." Cherry added as soon as they fell asleep.