Chapter 16

Flashback

Sanae was walking around the department store to find something as a gift for  Iwaizumi. She saw something that caught her attention and was about to get it but there's someone who also tried to get the shirt. She looked at the person and was shocked when she saw that it was Oikawa. Oikawa immediately released the shirt. 

"Oh, Oikawa-kun. Trying to find something for Iwaizumi-kun too?" She asked as she took the shirt and scanned it's design. 

Oikawa blinked. "Huh..uh...yeah."  He said as he looked at the shirt. He was planning to buy it because Iwaizumi was eyeing that shirt for almost a week now , so he  saved some of his allowance so that he can buy the shirt as a gift but guess it's too late now. 

"You think Iwaizumi-kun will like this shirt?" She asked showing it to Oikawa. 

Oikawa smiled a bit and nodded. 

"Ohh, then I'll buy this for him. Thank you for helping me." She grinned and went to the counter to pay for it. Oikawa just looked at her as she walk away. Now he doesn't know what to buy for Iwaizumi. 

Oikawa searched for another shirt that Iwaizumi will like, after an hour of searching Oikawa finally found something, after paying for it he walked out of the store and was greeted by Sanae again. 

"Hey Oikawa-kun. Mind if I talk to you?"

Oikawa want to say 'no' because he doesn't like her but he thought it might be rude and since she is his bestfriend's  girlfriend he nodded. Sanae led him to a cafe, saying that its her favorite one. She ordered two milk teas and also two slices of cake. When they already settled on their seats Sanae looked at Oikawa with a smile. 

"You know that Iwaizumi is already my boyfriend right?" She suddenly asked.

"Uhm, yes."Oikawa responded without looking at her.

"Then will you please stop trying to flirt with him?" 

Oikawa looked up. "What do you mean?" 

"Oh come on Oikawa, stop pretending. I know that you like him." 

Oikawa frowned, he really don't like her, he admits that sometimes he have bad attitude but he just can't handle her.  He groaned. 

"See? you really like him. But can you please,like, stay away from him?"

"Ugh,Yes I like him but no, I will not do that because I'm his best friend."

"You know it's really annoying because there's no day that he won't mention your name."

"Maybe because I'm still the number one person in his life even if he already have you." He smiled making Sanae mad. 

"Well, you still can't have him. I'm going to make sure that you can't have him. He's pretty dense so he will not notice your feelings if you won't tell him. But with your situation as his 'bestfriend' I bet you will never try telling him how you feel because you can't handle ruining your friendship." She got up after her sentence and smiled at him. "Well then Oikawa-kun. Thank you for accompanying me here. I need to go first I still have a date with... Iwaizumi-chan~." She gave emphasis in saying Iwaizumi-chan and winked before walking away leaving Oikawa alone.

"I guess I was wrong for saying those words to Oikawa huh." She said looking at the ceiling after she remembered the time that he went out with  Oikawa. 

The moment Iwaizumi went home, coming from Oikawa's house Sanae knew that she already lost him.She knew that she already lost the battle. She knew from the start that Oikawa loves Iwaizumi. She knew but she still continued his relationship with Iwaizumi and now that she heard it coming from the mouth of her husband her entire world collapsed. It hurts but she can't do anything because she knew that one day Iwaizumi will also realize that the person he truly love is Oikawa and not her. Sanae loves Iwaizumi but she's hurting, Iwaizumi is also hurting. Their relationship is not healthy anymore and she doesn't want to hurt Iwaizumi by making him stay in a marriage that there's no love anymore. So she's going to let him go. Even if it hurts.   

"Good morning Hajime-kun. " Sanae said sitting on their bed. 

"10 more minutes." Iwaizumi murmured. 

Sanae chuckled and then she smiled softly. "Ahh, no can't do. You have work now right? it's already 10 in the morning Hajime-kun. You don't want to be late in your work right?" she said, but of course she's lying. 

When Iwaizumi heard what she said he jumped out of bed , grabbed his towel and went inside the bathroom to take a bath. 

"In..one, two , three---"

"WAIT, SANAE IT'S STILL SEVEN-THIRTY" Iwaizumi shouted from the bathroom and it made Sanae laugh. She can't believe that it still works. 

"Oh.. I thought its already ten. Well, after you finish your bath eat your breakfast ok? I already prepared it. I'm going to go to work early today. Bye Hajime-kun." she said before walking out from their room. 

After Iwaizumi changed to his uniform and ate the breakfast that Sanae made he also went to his work. He spent his entire day writing report papers and also making some presentations. Iwaizumi looked at his phone and sighed. After all those messages he never got any replies from Oikawa. He got up and went to their canteen to eat some snacks. When he arrived he saw Matsukawa so he smiled and bought something to eat before sitting on the opposite side of his table. 

"Yo." Matsukawa greeted.

"Hey." Iwaizumi smiled. 

"Something wrong?"

Iwaizumi sighed. He knew that Matsukawa will ask this question. " I still can't remove Oikawa from my system." 

Matsukawa stretched his arm and sat properly indicating that he's ready to listen to Iwaizumi. 

"And my relationship with Sanae is getting colder everyday." Iwaizumi paused for a second. "and it's my fault.Look. I know that I'm already married, but since the day that I realized my feelings for Oikawa I can't stop thinking of him. I know that this is not good but..." He groans and covers his face. "Matsukawa what should I do?" he mumbled through his hands. 

"Talk to her." Matsukawa said. "You should talk to her Iwaizumi, clear things out. Tell her the truth." 

"But......"

"There's no other choice. The only thing that you should do is talk to her." Matsukawa took Iwaizumi's food. "Don't tell me you're planning to ignore her. She's still your wife. She needs to hear it coming from you."

Iwaizumi sighed.  He's right, the only thing that I can do is to talk to her.

"You're right, I'm kinda scared but I need to talk to her.Thanks Matsukawa."

"No problem bro. You made this mess , you should fix it." He said standing up and winking at him before leaving. 

Iwaizumi stared at him. "You don't have to say that though." he groaned before going back to his work.  I'm going to talk to her once I get home. 

When Iwaizumi went home it's already late. Sanae was already sleeping. He sighed and ate the food that Sanae prepared for him , took a quick shower, changed his clothes and went to bed. 

Maybe tomorrow, I'll talk to her tomorrow. 

Weeks passed but Iwaizumi still did not talk to Sanae. 

One day while Iwaizumi is watching a movie during his day off Sanae sat beside him. Leaned her head  on Iwaizumi's shoulder. 

"Hey, let's watch a movie and go to the amusement park." She smiled holding Iwaizumi's hand. 

Iwaizumi blinked and then smiled. "Ok, let me just change my clothes." he said. 

Sanae nodded. "Ok I'll wait here." Iwaizumi went to their room to change. "This will be our last date." she said.