Rantaro Amami x reader: Searching Together

Your POV:

I looked to the vast seas of the Pacific Ocean. The breathtaking view of the nice soft blue waves got me through each day. The bright blue sky with the shining sun, along with the salty smell of the ocean calmed my nerves.

I was on an adventure. It was an adventure that could last a life time. I was helping my friend find something very important. Who's this friend you ask? His name was Rantaro Amami, the Ultimate Adventurer. He was looking for his sisters.

I heard footsteps come closer to me as I stared out into the open sea. I looked to my side to find the green haired boy himself. The boy that had the looks to attract many girls. With his soft looking sage colored eyes, the piercings in his right ear. The outfit he wore, and the style he has would often make him seem like the sleazy type.

He wasn't the type though. He may look a bit like a playboy, but his personality is calm and kind. He has a sweet heart filled with selflessness and kindness. I smiled lightly at him.

"Hey (y/n)... it's a nice day isn't it," Rantaro greeted.
"Y-yeah.," I stuttered, "it's a very nice day. I couldn't help it but look out into the sea.."

It seemed that Rantaro was pretty amused from my stuttering because he let out a soft chuckle.

"Oh come on Rantaro.... it can't be that amusing to you on how nervous I am..." I muttered, a pout forming on my face.
"It kinda is. Your shyness is kinda adorable," Rantaro replied, putting his chin on one of the railings to the ship.

My face exploded into a huge blush after he said that. It felt like my blush was lava coming out of an erupting volcano. I tried to hide my blush by covering my face. I was breathing rather quickly too. Rantaro then started laughing hysterically.

"Like I said (y/n), it's adorable. I can call my friend adorable right?" Rantaro asked, trying to stop laughing.
"Oh whatever Rantaro!" I exclaimed, my blush suddenly dying down, "I'm not cute or adorable. I'm just me."
"You are just you.. that's what makes you a great friend," Rantaro replied casually.

I crossed my arms, leaning my head on the railing. I sighed lightly, looking down to the wooden floor instead of the ocean.

"Friend, huh..." I muttered to myself.

Rantaro then turned his attention towards me. He seemed a bit concerned about me, but I shook it off.

"Um are you alright?" He asked me, concern lacing in his smooth voice.
"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just feeling a bit sea sick," I replied, my words holding a white lie.
"Do you want me to take you to the infirmary then? I can't have you getting sick. We have to work together to find my twelve sisters," Rantaro replied desperately.
"You don't need to take me to the infirmary. I'll be fine," I replied with a light smile.
"Whatever you say..." Rantaro replied dejectedly, "also... the captain wanted to tell me you that we are going to be in Peru soon. We did take the route from the Pacific Ocean because Peru was the next planned location."

Rantaro then slowly got up from his spot. He stretched out a bit before walking away. Before he could leave the room, I jolted up, and reached my hand out to him.

"Rantaro wait!" I exclaimed.

Rantaro stopped in his tracks. He turned around to look at me. His soft green eyes stared into my own.

"I need to tell you something..." I muttered.
"Well then what is it?" Rantaro asked.
"I..... I...... I hope you're ok...." I replied after a few seconds of silence.
"I will..." he replied before walking away.

Once he left, I felt a piece of myself crumble away. With a rush of adrenaline. I ran down the maze of halls inside of the ship, before stopping at a familiar door. It was the door to my room. It was a surprisingly nice room for a boat to have. The room had a (f/c) canopy, some nice dressers, (f/c) walls with black vine designs, and a few more things. The room was also very big for that of a ship. It was an even better room than the first class rooms on a regular cruise ship.