Chapter 3: The Demon Fox

(Lucy's POV:)
I was about to leave the classroom but a teacher stopped me from walking out. "Yukio, Rin, and Lucy. You are required to go and hunt down a fox demon that has been roaming around and scaring the citizens." The teacher said and handed Yukio the papers on the demon. "We expect a good report when you return." He said before walking off.

"Rin, Lucy... Let's move." Yukio said while grabbing his twin pistols. He walked out of the classroom with me and Rin following close behind. "Yay! Another demon to destroy!" Rin says happily and speeds up to walk next to his brother. I giggled a little  at Rin's excitement but I stopped when I realized I'm coming with. 'Wait..... I JUST JOINED!' I thought in my head while going to a stop.

Yukio must of noticed that I stopped because he stopped as well but Rin continued on. "Something the matter?" Yukio asked while turning towards me. "U-um, I just joined and I don't know what to do..." I said quietly while hugging my arm. Rin noticed me and Yukio stopped. "Don't worry about it, it'll come natural to you." Rin said and smiled towards me. "Very likely, Rin was in the same boat you are in." Yukio said and walked up to me. "Wait, Rin is like me?" I asked while tilting my head to the side. "Yes but that story can be told later." Yukio said and started to walk again. "Let's move!" Yukio commanded and walked into the train that is going to a farm.

I followed quietly behind and sat in between Yukio and Rin.  I looked at the two boys before taking out one of my silver keys. I stood up and pointed it out in front me. "Open Gate of the Canis Minor! Nikora!" I chanted making a ding dong sound off. My little Plue poofed into the train car. "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING!?" Rin yelled out while pointing at Plue. "It's not a thing, it's a celestial spirit." I said while picking up Plue wanting to snuggle him. "Whaty what now?" Rin asked while getting up and pokes Plue. I puled Plue away and glared at him. "No pokey! His name is Plue and he is a special little guy." I said while cuddling him.

Yukio was looking at Plue weirdly. "So is he like a Summoners companion?" Yukio asked while setting down the papers. "Um kinda, but I use keys not paper and blood." I said while shrugging my shoulders. "PRINCESS!!!" Someone yelled out but I knew all to well who it is. "Why haven't you summoned me for awh- YOU LOOK DIFFERENT!" Loke yelled while pointing at me. I sighed and set down Plue. "Yea? And I haven't summoned you because I'm learning something new!" I said excitedly and let Plue go back to the Celestial world. 

He had a smile on his face before it disappeared. "I heard what happened Lucy..... Now the guild or ex guild is saying how they want you back." Loke said while having a tick mark on his forehead. "Well she isn't going back!" Rin said while walking next to me. "Don't worry I'm not." I said while crossing my arms. "Tell the guild that I'm not going and they can expect some bad karma." I sat back down and closed my eyes to take a nap.

(Rin's POV:)

Lucy sat down and closed her eyes. 'Must be taking a nap.' I thought and I looked at Lucy with a caring look. "Take care of her, demon." Loke said while finally disappearing in a blinding light. 'I'll always take care of her.....because I'm starting to develop a crush.' I thought and sat down next to Yukio.

"So where we headed?" I asked while getting comfy against the seat. "We are going to a town called Mythical." He said while taking out a map from his pocket. "By the name I think mythical creatures live there." He closed the map and the little info panel with it. "Get some rest it will take 3 hours to get there." Yukio said while laying down and closing his eyes.

I sat there for a little bit watching Lucy and Yukio's light breathing. I decided I would take a little nap as well. I went next to Lucy and laid down next to her, feeling safe next to her. I closed my eyes and dreamed of me and Lucy in the future.

(Time Skip:)

"We'll be arriving at Mythical in a bit folks, please get your belongings and get ready to depart. I repeat we'll be arriving at Mythical in bit." The intercom dude said and cut off the connection. I yawned whiling stretching. Feeling a little bit of weight on my lap I looked down and noticed Lucy fast asleep with a cute little face.

I shake her a little bit. "Hey Lucy....We're here." I said and shake her again making her move a little bit. "O-ok." She said while slowly sitting up and yawning. "How long have I been asleep?" She asked while standing up. "I'm not sure maybe 2 hours and 45 minutes." I said while shrugging. "Help me wake up Yukio?" I asked with a smirk.

"Sure!" She said and thought of something. 'Wonder what she is thinking of' I thought until a snap broke what I was thinking of. "I know!" She exclaimed and whispered in my ear. I smirked when she finished the plan and nodded before going to the food car. "Ma'am? May I have a glass of icy cold water?" I asked towards the waitress. She only nodded and got a glass of cold water.

"Here you go, sir." She said while handing me the  glass. "Agriato." I went back to a train car to find Lucy trying to hold in a fit of laughter. "What's so funny?" I whispered towards her. She only pointed towards Yukio. I looked at Yukio to see marker all over his face. I laughed a little before pouring the water onto Yukio. "HEY!  WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" He yelled out while fumming. 

"We had to wake you up." She said while crossing her arms but laughed a little. "Why you-!" He said but got cut off by the intercom. "We have arrived at Mythical." I smirked and grabbed my sword along with Lucy but with her sword. We walked onto the platform to see many different creatures.

(Lucy's POV:)

I looked around the platform and saw many different and beautiful creatures. There was Wendigos, Ghosts, Werewolves, Vampires, Plant people, part animal people, and many others. "Let's get going and look for this demon..." Yukio said and started to walk with my and Rin following close behind. 

We looked for any signs that a demon have been here in the town but we couldn't find anything. I felt a chill in my spine when we walked by the woods. "Guys..." I said while looking towards the woods. "I think I know where the demon is." I said while pointing at the woods. "If you insist." Yukio said and walked into the woods while bringing out his twin guns. 

Me and Rin unsheathed our swords turning to our demon forms. Our ears grown longer and our teeth sharpened. Me and Rin nodded and started to run. We started to sense another presence but we didn't know where. I heard a giggle from around us making us confused. "FOX DEMON ILLUSION!" A girl like voice yelled out making us see many demons and other things making us confused.

We looked around trying to find a fox looking girl. I growled out a little while starting to strike the others. They disappeared when I hit the demons. "It's an illusion!" I yelled out and I heard the same giggle. "Very good, Lucinda.~" The girl said playfully. She appeared next to me and punched me in the gut. "I can't have that here." She said harshly.

The girl was the same height as me but with a flat chest. Her hair was orangish red with white tips. The ears were fox like but on the side of her head and she had 9 tails. She had on weird looking armor that was from the old Japanese culture. Rin and Yukio was somewhere because they didn't listen to me. I slashed my sword at her but the armor didn't make a dent.

She smirked and started hand to hand combat with me. While I was fighting with this fox demon Rin started to run towards me and hit the demon in the head with the butt of his sword. She growled again and glowed a little. She turned into a very large demon fox with blood dripping from her mouth. I jumped out of the way before she could sweep me with her paw. I landed on her back and striked her making her whimper.

I strike again while Rin got her under side. She fell to the ground and shrunk to a little fox. "W-what?" She asked confused while looking at herself. "Volpina couldn't of been defeated." Volpina said. 'She talks in 3rd person like Juvia.' I thought and walked up to her. "Why did you terrorize this city?" I asked while squatting next to her. "No one wanted Volpina..." She mumbled and looked away. "Well I can take you in." I said and smiled. 

Yukio finally caught up to use before Volpina could answer. "Volpina would like that..." She said and jumped into my arms while crying. I petted her fur and looked towards the two boys. "Let's go home..." I said and picked up Volpina, and started heading home with a new friend/partner for me.