Chapter 13 ~ The Confrontation

"Hey Kass!" Someone called out, "Yeah" I replied as I turned around. "Hey, I was wondering if we could talk about last night. I have some questions." Rylee said, "Sure do you wanna go get some coffee?" I asked, "Sure" he replied.

"Can I get a medium iced carmel coffee?" I told the cashier lady. We got our coffee and sat down at a table. "So what are your questions?" I asked, "Well first let's start out with the fact that Lena is that her name? Any ways she's beautiful!" "Oh thanks! And yes her names Lena." I replied as I held her in my lap and gave her some bread to suck on.

"So... ummm do you live out here now?" He asked, "Yeah it's nice. Lots of really great people who have helped a lot." I replied, "Cool, have you been living here the whole time?" "Yeah" I said kinda in a duh tone, "Ok umm how old is Lena?" He asked, "She she's 7 months." I mumbled under my breath so that he wouldn't hear. "She's old? 7 months?" "Yes" I said quietly. He had a long pause and then said, "So she's my child?" "Yeah..." I said quietly and airy. "Oh my gosh! Kass why didn't you tell me!" He said getting anxious. "Cause I know neither of us would get back together. My parents didn't even know till just recently." I replied, "Oh my gosh. Can I hold her?" "Sure" I replied and let him hold her.

"Hi Lena! I guess that I'm your daddy." He said to her "So what's her full name? And her birthday? I'd like to help out and be in her life." He said, "Her birthday is March 20th and her full name is Lena Rylee Jackson. And I'm happy that you want to be in her life but how will that work you live in Wyoming and I live in Utah. We also both travel the circuit during the season." I said, "You named her after me?? And we'll find away." He replied, "Yeah I figured she needed something if her dad." I told him, "Yeah I think that's nice. Anyways what's your number and we can figure things out." "Ok um my number is 385-270-4578. What's yours?" I asked, "801-258-2367" he gave me his number.

"Crap! I gotta go! I forgot that I have to help my friend with his horse!" I said, "Ok can I help you with anything?" He asked and started putting Lena in her car seat. "I think I'm good thanks though!" I said and I got ya loaded in the truck and drove to the barn.

"Hey! I thought you forgot again." Mark said as I walked in. "Haha I did but I still remembered!" I replied, "Ok ok" he said, "Whatever!" I said and I put Lena in her walker toy thing and grabbed a halter.

"So it's Charlie that's acting out right?" I asked, "Yeah he's super sensitive in the face and around the muzzle nostrils and eyes." "Ok let's look and see." I said and I brought him in the cross tie. I opens his mouth and felt his teeth some seem a little like they need to be done but not really. I felt a long his nose but nothing. His eyes are pretty enflamed to.

"I can't find anything wrong. Unless. What bridle do you usually use on him?" I asked, "I use the black hunter jumper on him." He replied, "Hmm what kinda bit?" I asked again, "A slow twist with a break in the middle and moving sides." He said, "Can I see it?" I asked, "Yeah" he replied and immediately went to get it.

I looked it over and found nothing wrong with it. It has a cross that goes around the eyes on the lower part but I don't think that they would effect his eyes to much. And the bit was just what Mark said and it doesn't look to tight any where on it.

I took the halter off and bridled Charlie. He put up a huge fight when getting the bit in and when I pulled it over his ears. I looked at the bit and it's pinching him pretty bad at the sides of his mouth so I loosened the head stall and that made it a lot better. I checked the X thing and it's tight around his nose and it is definitely pushing on a pressure point on his face causing inflamed eyes. I took that off and told him, "The head stall was to tight and the X just needs to be gone. So I'd either ride him in a different head stall or leave the X off completely." "Ok thank you so much! His owner is anxious to get him back to his normal self!" He told me, "Haha yeah just tell them that." I replied, and I took the bridle off and got him back in his stall.

I rode Luke and ponied Casper along then I rode Nala and ponied Rose along behind her. After I worked my horses we went home and Lena napped while I filled orders and responded to work emails.