Just friends

"Nothing to spill Mo" Jac felt herself blushing
"Oh come on. When did you secretly marry Fletch?"
"Well obviously we're not married so what exactly are you talking about"
"You're so married" Mo chuckled checking the overnight obs chart
"Mo" Jac said sharply
"I'm sorry" Mo said sitting down "as someone who has not been around for a while, it just struck me how close you two are"
"We're friends Mo"
"The man who called me yesterday, the man who was almost physically crumbling in front of us when we were losing you did not look like just a friend Jac. He looked like a distraught husband and" she continued "I have never known Fletch turn down a free drink and Serena was paying at Albies last night but he stayed here with you"
"Well no one asked him to"
"That's kind of my point Jac, you don't have to ask him to he just does it. Because he wants to because he cares. Oh my god it's so obvious that he cares so much"
"He cares as a friend"
Mo rolled her eyes "Jac you have entrusted that man with the most  precious thing in your life, your daughter, you've given him responsibility for making decisions about your treatment if you can't. Now, the only person in the world who I would trust any of that to is Derwood. I know people think he's a bit of a joke and yes he can be irritating but we love each other. If truth be known he says he's loved me for years, all the time we were 'friends'
"I'm pleased it worked out for you two. Personally I would have killed him by now. No offence"
Mo laughed "none taken. I've come close myself over the years but stop avoiding the issue Naylor. Do you care for Fletch?"
"Well of course I care for him. Mo you don't know what it was like here after the shooting. He was there for me. He was there for all of us"
Jac's voice was wobbly
"I'm tired Mo. I need to go back to sleep"
"Ok but this conversation is not over. I intend to find out the truth"
"Uhuh" Jac murmured as slipped into the sanctuary of sleep