Chapter 7: Fragment

Disclaimer: Gosho Aoyama owns Detective Conan.

Haibara's pov

It was already night. A few second had passed but it felt eternity for me. I'm currently in abandon building. I didn't know where am I and why I'm here at the first place. In front of me is the person that I really hate. I hate him since we first met. He has everything what I don't have. He could save my sister but he failed to do so. Why everything should be like this? I never wish for this kind of fate. If possible I want to turn back in time and make a different choice.

When I remembered it again, I'm the reason that start it all. If I don't create that drug this terrible thing would not happen to him. Many people would not die because of the poison. Yet, he still accept me for what I am and saved me in the end.

Somehow, I'm holding a gun and pointing it at him right now. He and I has already grown up. It was still unclear whether I have successfully created a cure or the time has passed and we already grown up. I did not have the knowledge about it. Is this how people with no recollection of memory feels like? I don't know.

I don't know what is going on right now. So, I decided to talk to him and gather some information from him.

"Kudo...." I'm smirked while trying to maintain my facade. I try to hide my emotion from him. It was easier for me before but not in this condition. The feeling of warmth when I stand close beside him make me realize I'm really grateful for what he has done. I can't lie at him.

"Haibara" He looked at me pitifully. He continued "Why you're doing this? You know that you will not solve anything by doing this."

I stayed silence. I don't know what to do. His face expressionreminded me about something that I forgot. Yeah.... It was at that time. 

"Please don't run away, Haibara. You should move forward." He said firmly with a face almost to cry. Some tears started to fell down.

Then I realize something. I knew what was happening right now. I'm holding a gun. In the past I also thought the same thing as this. The only thing that I'm trying to do was to commit suicide. Why? I knew If I'm alive I will only cause trouble to the peoples around me.

From the place where I'm standing, I can see that there are many dead body lying around here. I know them. They are from the black organization. My leg was still tied with rope but the rope that bind my hands was already untied.

He saved me from this people risking his life. He killed them for my sake.

The police still do not know about the organization and Conan will be catch as murdered. I don't want such a thing to happened to him. I will took the blame from him but what can I do?

After he untied the rope at my hands I'm stole the gun from him and then trying to do some stupid things. I laughed a little within my heart for the stupid thing I did. I'm only will hurt him much more if I did that. But still...

"Conan you should not save me." I told to him. I have already reach my limit and I can't suppressing my feeling for any longer. My eyes starting to wet as well.

"I know...I know that there is a high chance that I will be dead but I want to save you, Haibara. My life will have no meaning if you aren't by my side. Since, I can't let other people that is not related involved, I had to come here alone." He smiled weakly at the end of his sentence.

His body was badly injured. Almost all his body was wet with blood. He went through many obstacles just to save me. His body was shot with several bullets. Luckily, it was not fatal. It was a miracle that he was still survive. I can see that the blood was still dripping from his head.

I'm cried from the inside and outside.

"Why you're doing this? You would not get anything even if you save me. Nobody would care if I dead."

"No! You're wrong. There was many people that still care about you. Prof. Agasa, the detective boys and the people that knew you. They will be sad if they know that you are dead."

His voice is weak but it is has a lot of meaning towards me. I drop the gun from my hand.

"Is it fine for me to life?"

He walk closely towards me then he untied the ropes at my legs. Then, he embraced me tightly as don't want to let me go even though he did not have much energy left.

"Kudo!" I'm startled.

Then he continue speaking while embracing me tightly.

"Haibara. Do you know what I felt when you're gone? I try searching for you. I try to get every information and clue. It was really hard for me. I felt like my heart will broken apart. I thought I have lose any hope to find you. Then I found that you were here from someone that I did'not expected. When I know that the Black organization is behind this I have to act fast. I don't want you to leave me behind."

I stayed silence while hearing what he had to say. It seem that Conan was trying to comfort me. He tried to say every words clearly while enduring himself from crying.

We pulled out from the embrace. While we still holding our hands he said something unexpectedly to me.

"I know I'm a bit selfish. I want you to be with me forever."

"Thank you, Shinichi." I'm smiled while I blushed.

____________________

Author's Note:

Thank you for those who read my fanfiction. I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter too. If you like the story please feel free to comment and vote. I think I have done pretty well in this chapter and I will leave on readers imagination on how this chapter will end. If possible please share with me your imagination in the comment. I want to know xD See you all on the later chapter.