Chapter 11

Chloe would be stood in front of Tom's apartment building waiting to be buzzed in. She came with the intention of breaking up with him and promised herself that she wasn't leaving until that happened. Ever since her talk with Beca at the weekend she hasn't been able to stop smiling, but now that she is stood in front of Tom's door after being let in she is feeling nervous.

He opens the door and lets her in with a smile and a kiss on her cheek as she walks through to the kitchen. "I thought you said you was coming round tonight, I wasn't expecting you", he'd clear his throat.

"Well I just have something to talk to you about", she'd lean one arm against the breakfast bar looking over at him stood at the opposite end.

"Is everything alright?", he'd furrow his eyebrows putting his hands in his pockets now.

Chloe would take a deep breath trying to find the right words to say. "I don't think it's working between us in the way that I want", she'd look up to find him stood there speechless and would continue talking. "When we first met and started seeing each other I was really happy but now I've realised that I was trying to force myself to be happy with you", she'd facepalm, running the hand then through her long red hair. "That came out completely wrong"

"Is there someone else?", he'd take his hands out of his pockets now crossing them in front of his chest instead, chewing on his bottom lip.

Chloe would look at the floor pausing and trying to decide whether or not to admit to Beca and her birthday. Looking around the room now avoiding eye contact with him, "No I just know that I'm not happy anymore"

"You're a terrible liar Chloe", he'd smirk slightly stepping closer now to her and uncrossing his arms. "It's Beca isn't it?", he'd sigh.

Chloe would open her mouth to deny it but would quickly give in as she'd look at him smiling down at her softly. "I'm sorry"

"It's okay Chloe, I just want you to think about this", he'd put his hands on her forearms now causing her to continue looking at him. "She's going to hurt you, she'll break your heart and I can't stand here without putting up a fight to stop that from happening"

"She wouldn't do that", Chloe would shake her head at him. "She promised me that she's serious about this and is going to prove it"

"Saying it and showing it is two different things", he'd drop his hands now shrugging his shoulders. "All I'm saying is I know people like her who all their life have never been committed before and all of a sudden they think they're going to be able to drop everything and be with that one person"

Chloe would stand there in silence thinking over everything Tom had said to her. Just as she was about to speak up, Tom would interrupt her again. "Somehow she will hurt you without meaning to or knowing that she's doing it"

"I-uh I've got to go", Chloe would pick up her bag and would start to walk out of Tom's apartment.

"Chloe wait", Tom would stop her at the front door of his apartment. "Just cause you've broken up with me doesn't mean I'm going to give up"

Without saying anything else to him, Chloe would leave the apartment and make her way out of the building and back to her car in the parking lot. Getting into her car she'd look at her phone and would see a message from Beca.

Come over tonight?
Jesse and Aubrey are coming over
and I don't want to be a third wheel
Mitchell, 11:36am

She'd smile to herself reading the message and would for a split second forget about what Tom was telling her just now while replying.

What's going to be in it for me?
Me, 12:07pm

Depends if you want to get
rid of this stupid rule you've set
Mitchell, 12:08pm